Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone know who these guys are?

I'm just going to guess the left one is a scary SysOp and the right one is a Criminal runner, but maybe someone knows more? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the right one is Ken "Express" Tenma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- Saturnine -
Germany
flag msg tools
I assume they are the two other runners that will be in the box -- the Creation and Control about page also showed two runners. The one on the right might be Ken "Express" Tenma (as he appears on a card with flavor text referring to Tenma clones).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold Jakubowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the old dude is some kind of Criminal-Professor? Like The Doer - The first copy of each event in this deck does not count against your influence limit. It's not so unlikely - have we seen a any corp characters depicted on FFG A:NR website in this manner?

Anyway, I hate the manga like style of the right fella but love the cyber-steampunk gentelman who traveled through time straight from dishonored right to New Angeles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, looking at Early Bird:

We can probably assume that the right one is Ken "Express" Tenma

donmakaron wrote:
What if the old dude is some kind of Criminal-Professor?

Meh, boring

How about:

Senpai Tanaka
Upgrade - SysOp
Rez cost: 2
Trash cost: 3
When a run is initiated on this server, you may install a piece of ice from HQ as the innermost piece of ice protecting this server. Derez that ice at the end of the run.
I've got another surprise for them yet...

Edit: better yet: "Return that ice to HQ at the end of the run"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooohh, this may be a long shot,
but what if...

The old dude on the left is the original Tenma?
Face and hair are rather similar, it's just the skintone that doesn't really match, but I'm willing to overlook that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tenma line... I guess we can infer that the Tenma Line of clones all have white hair. And that runner is a rogue clone, kinda like Reina (edit is a rogue Biorid) (which I've not found reference for ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
kinda like Reina.

What? Source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
Tuism wrote:
kinda like Reina.

What? Source?

You know, I don't know where the source is, but she looks like one and it makes sense to me Maybe I'm high on something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:
Tuism wrote:
kinda like Reina.

What? Source?

You know, I don't know where the source is, but she looks like one and it makes sense to me Maybe I'm high on something

Ehh, the card says "Cyborg - G-mod" and her hair's only slightly white... I'm gonna say you're high on something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reina is a cyborg like Gabe or Kit, not a clone. I think Ken Tenma's game text will start with "Identity: clone" or "Identity: natural - clone".

If the older man is a corp character, he'd have to be neutral (someone from Jinteki would be Asian). But I think it's a runner character, maybe the 3rd Criminal runner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold Jakubowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There might be some none Asian guys up there in Jinteki HQ I guess. They would value family and honor a lot, but professionalism at most I suppose. He could be like John Blackthorne of Jinteki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
And that runner is a rogue clone, kinda like Reina.

According to Damon Stone, "She is a former member of an elite special forces unit, and making her a chess master made a lot of sense."

She seems like a pretty unique cyber terrorist, and I'm going to throw a guess she's not a clone (although there is nothing I guess ruling that out?) In any case, she is clearly both genetically modified and supplanted with cybernetic enhancements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- Saturnine -
Germany
flag msg tools
Could the runner on the left be g00ru?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
the quote on the honor and profit intro post is from Iain Stirling, I would bet cyberbux that's the name of the older gent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
experimilk wrote:
the quote on the honor and profit intro post is from Iain Stirling, I would bet cyberbux credits that's the name of the older gent

Fixed that for you.

As a side note, "Tenma" in Japanese means "Pegasus". So I think all the reernce to moving with Tenma-related things make alot of sense with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:
Tuism wrote:
kinda like Reina.

What? Source?

Mala Tempora insert doesn't make any mention of cloning. Does say her hair is dyed too.

Doesn't mean she's not a clone, but I don't see any supporting evidence, so Occam's Razor and all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Until I find out otherwise, I'm sticking with Admiral Whiskeypunk as the left guy's name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Tuism wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:
Tuism wrote:
kinda like Reina.

What? Source?

Mala Tempora insert doesn't make any mention of cloning. Does say her hair is dyed too.

Doesn't mean she's not a clone, but I don't see any supporting evidence, so Occam's Razor and all...

I said a Bioroid, not a clone where did the clone claim come from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Tuism wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:
Tuism wrote:
kinda like Reina.

What? Source?

Tuism wrote:
Tenma line... I guess we can infer that the Tenma Line of clones all have white hair. And that runner is a rogue clone, kinda like Reina.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Tuism wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Tuism wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:
Tuism wrote:
kinda like Reina.

What? Source?

Tuism wrote:
Tenma line... I guess we can infer that the Tenma Line of clones all have white hair. And that runner is a rogue clone, kinda like Reina.

Oops, I meant that Reina is a rogue bioroid, like Tenma is a rogue clone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
STIMHUXK wrote:
Plus he's on Alias too.

Good catch! Looks younger on Alias, but there's no reason your net-presence should look as old as your real self, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Oops, I meant that Reina is a rogue bioroid, like Tenma is a rogue clone

No, the Rex Program hasn't started yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's also worth noting that the background on the right is Harmony Med-tech, so the background on the left is likely the art for one of the other Jinteki identities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Precedence tells us that those are the other two runners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.