Railways of Mexico» Forums » General

Subject: Misleading Brownsville exit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the exit on the north-east of Brownsville (near the edge of the board) an error? The rules state that track can't be built on partial hexes, which would apply to the hex adjacent to Brownsville on the north-east, thus making that particular exit unusable.

In a recent Railways of Mexico game, one of my opponents felt that this particular exit was misleading, because it implied that you could build out of Brownsville there. She was somewhat upset when we suggested that you cannot build track there, because she was counting on building there for a vital link she needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Schwartz
United States
Sturgis
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to this thread, consensus appears to be that the NE Brownsville connection is a map printing error and is not a viable connection.

During our first game on the Mexico map, my wife found herself planning to lay track from San Antonio to Brownsville, with the NE connection the only one still available. She quizzed me on whether it was a legal connection, in light of the rule regarding partial hexes. After consulting the rulebook, we deemed it nonviable, much to her chagrin.

I of course checked the Geek promptly after the end of that game, seeking clarification, during which I located the above thread. In future games with other players, I plan on pointing the issue out prior to the start of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.