7 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yet Another Movement Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
If you pass through an hex with an enemy ship it will get flagged for combat. That I understand.

However after you pass through the hex, can the enemy move/build extra ships there so they will be added to the battle when action phase ends or the only ships that'll battle are the ones which were already in the hex when the ship passed through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the turn all ships in a hex (whether there originally, built or moved in) will participate in combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be almost impossible to track all of these
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n1cotine wrote:
If you pass through an hex with an enemy ship it will get flagged for combat. That I understand.

However after you pass through the hex, can the enemy move/build extra ships there so they will be added to the battle when action phase ends or the only ships that'll battle are the ones which were already in the hex when the ship passed through?

Your use of the phrase "Pass Through" here is a bit odd.

You are aware that when a player moves ships into a hex with another player's ships - both sets of ships are pinned (cannot move) on a 1:1 basis (exception: cloaking device tech)?

Not only is a player allowed to move, build, or upgrade in attempt to swing combat in their favor. But limited versions of these actions are accessible after a player has passed.

Combat only occurs once all players are passed in the action phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
n1cotine wrote:

I think you are missing something.

Normal game flow is like this:
- player 1 moves 3 ships into a hex containing 3 ships from player 2
- they dont have cloaking, so are pinned there.
- player 1 ends his turn
- player 2 builds 2 other ships in that hex
- player 1 turn again, he cant do anything else so he passes. Round over for him.
- player 2 builds another 2 ships for a total of 7 now. He passes
- all players have passed, combat begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
Now I think I understand it perfectly.

Thanks a lot for clarifications guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note in the above example, if Player 2 still had actions he could move unpinned ships out. He just has three ships pinned, he can change which three as many times as he wants.

So for example, Player 2 knows he is going to lose the battle, and has 2 dreadnaughts and a cruiser in the hex, he could build intercepts or starbases, and then move the more costly ships out to get upgraded on a later turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.