Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news everyone!! Time for the Tiny Epic Kingdoms announcement! This is HUGE, this is EPIC and it's my Christmas gift to all of you!

The TEK Free Print-and-Play!!

That's right! That's how much I love you all. This game is SO phenomenal that I couldn't bear to selfishly keep it all to myself any longer. Scott Almes, you have designed a masterpiece!

The PnP can be found here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98240/tiny-epic-kingdoms-f...

The most recent version of the prototype rules can be found here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/97601/prototype-rules-for-...

Also, while you're at it, Tiny Epic Kingdoms has been listed on the Most Anticipated Games of 2014 on BGG. Please head over and thumb up the entry! Your THUMB is your VOTE!

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/165250/item/2946690#item29...

Well there ya go! You all have something fresh and exciting to enjoy on your Christmas break! Courtesy of yours truly, Gamelyn Games

Merry Christmas to all!

PS. Tiny Epic Kingdoms hits Kickstarter January 9th and we could sure use your support on day one! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, and I'll be sure to check out the Kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is great! Now I can hopefully get a couple test games in this christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilya Baranovsky
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you! Nice pnp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Stinson
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the idea, just printed it out and going to play it soon!

2 quick suggestions:
1) slightly reduce the size of your title at the top of the page with the cards in it. I want to remember what the game is, so I cut it out but it is a little bigger than card size, so it sticks out slightly longer than the other cards.

2) have the rules in long form like you do, but also make the rules card sized and portable too. I made in word some card size shapes, then used a text box to put an abrieviated version of the rules into. I made 5 rules cards: setup, turn order, actions, war, and end game scoring.

With everything reduced in size, the entire game plus cubes will be extremely portable!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a very nice pnp!

In case you want to have it on your KS project page, be sure to get rid of the typos

I needed to add some *flesh* to my copy:

The cards are redesigned with map artwork, parchment-style background and a new font.

The FIMO player pieces are "cast" with wooden molds which I carved a while ago, originally for cube replacements for Lords of Waterdeep:

EDIT: I forgot to mention: It's really dark up here in winter...all day. I can't take any satisfying pictures until...ehm...July?
Even though you can't see it here, the 4 races do have different pawns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Bay

Prescott Valley
AZ
msg tools
Just looking for some help. I'm not very artistic, so will stick with printing the basic stuff.
What I want to know is this. After I print and cut out, what is the recommended way to stiffen up the paper? Would lamination work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rule #1: Have Fun
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - Wooden moulds. That is absolutely incredible.

I am totally gobsmacked. I thought everyone used RTV, Hiflex, Alginate, (or old-skool latex) nowadays for mould-making. You could have even used fimo with a suitable release agent (maybe Vaseline or Glycerin - I've not tried it).

However, wooden moulds are epic. I am so impressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ouellette
United States
Waterville
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Manuel - did you post your PnP files online anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I didn't. If you can't wait till March, there's always pm!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.