Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I just finished a particularly tense and hard-fought game in which he marginally over-stretched himself as Tokugawa in a very courageous assault on Osaka.

We just LOVE this game and, for us, everything else pales in comparison. We're switching sides for tomorrow's Christmas Eve game and don't tell him, but I've got a Major New Strategy to try out ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my first play of this in on Wednesday night as well and I too really enjoy it. I can only imagine it gets better as players become more seasoned.

In my game I won as Tokugawa when my opponent brought his Ishida led force to attack my Tokugawa led force at Saku. I had consolidated everything "East/Northeast" of there (based on the compass on the map). He felt he had a good hand and used the opportunity to get aggressive in hopes of a major key victory. Unfortunately for him I was able to play to a 15-15 draw in the battle and as defender he lost the 3 units to my 2. I immediately followed up with a re-attack of the Ishida led force to win the game.

Looking back he was unnecessarily risky with Ishida, and probably more aggressive overall than he should have been. I can't wait to play it some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the brief battle-summary, I even enjoy HEARING about this magisterial game...

May you have many enjoyable games in the future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I can only imagine it gets better as players become more seasoned.

It does!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
2 months after buying it I've still not managed to play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moujamou wrote:
2 months after buying it I've still not managed to play this game.

Sigh. We've all been there eh?

The good thing in this instance is that you have a guaranteed absolutely EPIC gaming experience to look forward to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this twice so far. It's strength is the simplicity of the rules which makes it a very elegant game. Can't wait to play again and probably a game of Go beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Czechfan wrote:
I've played this twice so far. It's strength is the simplicity of the rules which makes it a very elegant game. Can't wait to play again and probably a game of Go beforehand.

Go beforehand?

Kudos - very historically thematic - just don't keep anyone waiting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Richard
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
What matters in life is not the triumph nor the struggle but the triumph by tie breaker.
mbmbmbmbmb
The only game I don't mind to teach before watching the epicness unfolds for 2-3 hours not playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time yesterday. Completely in love since. What an incredible game.
And this come from a guy who never liked 2p boardgaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.