Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have painted several measuring devices so it kinda habit t compare two side by side, the wooden is off on the short range
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:
I have painted several measuring devices so it kinda habit t compare two side by side, the wooden is off on the short range

Is it too short or too long? By how much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Shhhh. My Wings of War/Glory sticks are all off by a couple of mm too. It's incredibly difficult to get measuring devices perfectly correct, even nice ones used for manufacturing. That's why contractors always bring their own tape measures to the store when they're purchasing.

Tap one of them as your golden copy. Whenever a measurement is close, that's the one that calls the tune.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
too short by about a 1/2 inch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:

Ouch. That's actually huge. Ask for replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:

Hmmm....that's seems to be pretty significant. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

That's huge.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:

So, it looks like the "Anchorage" is giving/selling measuring sticks that are a half an inch too short...20 sticks and they've saved 10 inches googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's just a short range, then it means the line is in the wrong place? Or the stick itself is shorter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
If it's just a short range, then it means the line is in the wrong place? Or the stick itself is shorter?

If the line is in the wrong place then that means that long range is off as well. These were going for $5.00US each as an add on...seems like a bit of a rip whistle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just checked mine. The length is correct. The line between Short and Long range is perfect. What is off on mine is the Grape/Chain shot. It is about 1/4 or so off. So mine isn't about being miscut but not being properly laid out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sorry yes the stick is correct length, it is the grape/chain it a 1/4 inch off, I just looked at it. Still pretty steep of a margin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ryolacap wrote:
sorry yes the stick is correct length, it is the grape/chain it a 1/4 inch off, I just looked at it. Still pretty steep of a margin

Looks like the didn't set the pattern correctly, then. Grape/Chain should be 25% of the total length and it is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ryolacap wrote:

Looks like the didn't set the pattern correctly, then. Grape/Chain should be 25% of the total length and it is not.

I guess you could always re-score the measuring stick(s) to reflect the proper range(s)? That should solve the problem if the full length of the stick is still correct. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith U.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for bring this to our attention. We are looking into it.

Thank you,

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MayorJim wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ryolacap wrote:

I guess you could always re-score the measuring stick(s) to reflect the proper range(s)? That should solve the problem if the full length of the stick is still correct. meeple

Yeah, that would fix it. You could re-burn it or use a marker. Just a shame they didn't check it before they did it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, just plain sloppy work. Actually, seeing the wooden ones, I'd rather use the ones that came with the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J Schaffner
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I think in general all this laser-cut/etched game paraphernalia would look a lot better if it had a quick coat of varnish or some staining to bring out the richness of the wood and add to the contrast of the engraved markings.

I might do this with my S0G kit (when I finally get it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a change in the ruler size halfway through the production, which produced this mismatch between the wood version and the cardboard version.

We will replace the rulers when sending out the next wave of rewards, or provide credit for those backers who do not care about getting them replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
There was a change in the ruler size halfway through the production, which produced this mismatch between the wood version and the cardboard version.

We will replace the rulers when sending out the next wave of rewards, or provide credit for those backers who do not care about getting them replaced.

Next wave of rewards? I haven't got the first yet cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
There was a change in the ruler size halfway through the production, which produced this mismatch between the wood version and the cardboard version...

Ummmm....so which one is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MayorJim wrote:
cybernex wrote:
There was a change in the ruler size halfway through the production, which produced this mismatch between the wood version and the cardboard version...

The cardboard since that is the one they directly controlled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
cybernex wrote:

The cardboard since that is the one they directly controlled.

So, the $5 add-on "wooden" ones are no good basically...hmmmmshakeshake except to use as tongue depressers ... not good news whistle looks like the "Anchorage" dropped the ball here meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Like you said, rescore them and they will be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.