Subject: 100 High Efficiency List rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
With OWPs counting as ships cloaked mines are no go in OP4. So I've come up with what I think is high efficiency top tier list.

Vorcha Class
Picard

Vorcha Class
Martok (8)
Drex

Vorcha Class
Gul Dukat

100 SP

Or

Vorcha Class
Picard

Vorcha Class
Martok (8)

Koranak
Gul Dukat

Command Tokens

100 SP

Straight forward. Playing ships that are in the top 5 best ships in the game. Arguably the Vorcha Class is the best. I'm using the top 3 Captains (arguably) in the game. High attack efficiency and high action efficiency.

This is the type of list that tries to mitigate luck as much as possible. It doesn't rely on high risk/high reward strategies. It will help me focus on strategy.

As long as I fly correctly I will shoot first most of the time with plenty of helpful tokens.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
I could drop Drex for a resource but with the prevalence of cloaking I can't rely on target locks. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you drop Drex and go with the Command Tokens that might work pretty decent, although you're really needing both target lock and battlestations on each ship. You don't have anything that's boosting your dice count and I'd be a little wary of that.

Also, you're Koranok is going to be a sitting duck without something else. Maybe Dorsal weapons array?

Your strategy here is going to be key. Are you planning on firing on Starfleet first turn, seeing what the opponent is doing, then rush in as a fleet and try and focus fire something down? Or are you going to split your forces around the planet and try and flank? Leave Starfleet alone and get the cloaks all set before sending all 3 ships in? How do you plan to use all this efficiency?

If it were me staring down this list, I'd try to focus fire down whichever of your ships has the lowest captain before they can fire. In this case, Dukat. He's not able to cloak and has low agility (even if you do take the evade) With only 5 dice at your disposal on any given ship I'd wager you won't drop one of my ships before I take out Gul Dukat or Martok in your list.

I think I'd modify it this way:

Vorcha Class
Picard
Miles O'Brein (2)

Vorcha Class
Martok (8)

Keldon Class
Gul Dukat
Cloaking Device

100 points

Cloak everyone up first turn, forget about Starfleet. 2nd turn get in there and get the business going with at least battlestations on each ship, Target lock if you can, and use Martok's ability to let Gul Dukat Sensor Echo around the enemy if possible. Use Miles to shut down anything that they may be planning first combat phase (Barrage of Fire, etc). You could trade out Miles for the Dorsal Weapons array, or Breen Aide for initiative on the Keldon Class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
I guess a weakness is someone 3 PS. 9,8 captains. With PS. 9,8,7 I'm not too worried about it. I guess the easy answer is borrow a 3rd Vorcha and straight swap the Koranak for a Vorcha Class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'd be the kind of person who would drop drex for command tokens if you're sticking with that build.

The battle stations option can drex once on any ship, or once for defense if needed. Before we even get into the use of re-rolls or target locks, or evades and such.

It also takes less focus off 1 ship, so I can't just target 1 ship to get rid of there benefits like I can do with drex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Very good point. Command tokens do seem better overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
jonnyd76 wrote:
If you drop Drex and go with the Command Tokens that might work pretty decent, although you're really needing both target lock and battlestations on each ship. You don't have anything that's boosting your dice count and I'd be a little wary of that.

Also, you're Koranok is going to be a sitting duck without something else. Maybe Dorsal weapons array?

Your strategy here is going to be key. Are you planning on firing on Starfleet first turn, seeing what the opponent is doing, then rush in as a fleet and try and focus fire something down? Or are you going to split your forces around the planet and try and flank? Leave Starfleet alone and get the cloaks all set before sending all 3 ships in? How do you plan to use all this efficiency?

Good points -

1. Not worried at all for fleet points. Aiming for undefeated.
2. True no Donatra but both Picard and Gul Dukat will be scanning when in essence will yield similar results. Along my 5(6) attack dice always having rerolls or battle stations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Now have two different lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dpp17 wrote:
Now have two different lists.

I'd personally look at Reliant Khan if I were running the Koranak. He is a beast with 5 attack and BS. GenKhan on a Vor'Cha would also be fun if you had one.

Martok doesn't really give you a lot of mileage in this list other than running at 8 skill to shoot first, but that is what you are going for. You only have 1 captain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The straight up Vorcha fleet is pretty beastly. I'd drop Martok 8 and Drex though for Koloth and Command Tokens (or possibly EAD). Martok 8 only benefits Dukat (assuming he's still alive) and there are only so many actions you can take: You should already be cloaked, have your normal action be Evade (since you probably won't be able to lock) and get a free bs from Dukat. That leaves the bonus action as just Sensor Echo. Before that I'd rathe rhave someone with a little defense and have the resource to help mitigate luck even further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
I like where your head is at!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.