Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dwarf Stoneguard has an ability that reads: "after a basic strike Dwarf Stoneguard may move the attacked creature to an adjacent square". My question is: adjacent to whom? A square adjacent to the Dwarf Stoneguard, or to the attacked creature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the Stoneguard is the actor I would believe it would be adjacent to him. Plus I would think that would be the most beneficial to that player and that would be the whole point of using an ability, maybe you're able to suck a victim away from their protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vaillancourt
United States
Dartmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm, I interpreted this as an adjacent space to the creature being attacked. Thematically I figure if the target gets hit they would be moved away.

Man, this game needs an FAQ badly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since Dark, Darker, Darkest I've had more of an appreciation for rules writing. It really is quite astounding how all of our brains work and how everyone sees things differently. Time and time again I see people making 3, 4 different interpretations of a single rule. Game designers really should hire technical writers to get their rules as defined as can be and play test with different groups until there are not questions any longer because the rules are so tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rabool wrote:
Hmmmm, I interpreted this as an adjacent space to the creature being attacked. Thematically I figure if the target gets hit they would be moved away.

Man, this game needs an FAQ badly...

Looking through the cards I actually think it is a square adjacent to the attacked creature becuase there is a flying creature with the same ability. Since a flying creature is not actually on the board, how would it move the attacked creature to a square adjacent to itself?

But yes, a FAQ would be awesome. I'm sure there is one somewhere...in Russian...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis andreychikov
msg tools
There is FAQ in Russian and will be in English version.
He moves adjacent to attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.