United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know there are people who won't touch this game because of the collectable aspect (and there is alreadya discussion on that), but for those who plan on getting some boosters, how many are you planning on getting? Anyone going to try and "Catch 'em all?"

Poll
How many boosters will you buy?
None! Dag-nab-it! Get off my lawn!
Whenever I need to reach free shipping
1 to 20 packs
21 to 50 packs
One box
Two boxes
3+ boxes
      180 answers
Poll created by ranoobu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a completist. So I will buy boosters and do trading until I have a handful of dice and card options for all characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Diehl
United States
Junction City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
The eerie war chant emanating from the morning fog set chills down every spine. "Lah, lah, la lah, lah, lah."
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way I can see myself picking up this game is if they sell boosters at stores like Wal-mart, Target, etc. If I can just grab a couple of packs while I'm checking out at the store I can dump a buck or two every trip. If I have to order them online I doubt I will buy any, or at most, use them to achieve the free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Papasmerv wrote:
The only way I can see myself picking up this game is if they sell boosters at stores like Wal-mart, Target, etc. If I can just grab a couple of packs while I'm checking out at the store I can dump a buck or two every trip. If I have to order them online I doubt I will buy any, or at most, use them to achieve the free shipping.

I'm with you on this. We will have to see how they sell the games. I stop by my FLGS fairly often so I may grab a booster or two depending on what else I buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For most people, is two boxes too much?

Based on the designers comments, there are 30 booster characters (not counting the 8 starter characters); there are 120 cards in a box with a chance for dupes and other types of cards.

Maybe for the avg joe, that's too much $ to put into a game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Petrunak
msg tools
ranoobu wrote:
For most people, is two boxes too much?

Based on the designers comments, there are 30 booster characters (not counting the 8 starter characters); there are 120 cards in a box with a chance for dupes and other types of cards.

Maybe for the avg joe, that's too much $ to put into a game?

Most online retailers are selling booster boxes for $45 with free shipping on orders over $100 . So two boxes and a starter would be around $105. You would 2 boxes would almost guarintee a full set. Compared to Pokemon or MTG thats a steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jpetrunak wrote:
Most online retailers are selling booster boxes for $45 with free shipping on orders over $100 . So two boxes and a starter would be around $105. You would 2 boxes would almost guarintee a full set. Compared to Pokemon or MTG thats a steal.

Yeah, right. As anyone who has gone to the dark side trying to collect everything from a blind booster game system can tell you, the chance of getting everything from 2 booster boxes is about nil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
Papasmerv wrote:

I'm with you on this. We will have to see how they sell the games. I stop by my FLGS fairly often so I may grab a booster or two depending on what else I buy.

I think these will be fairly widely available. My FLGS is planning tounaments, so I plan on buying my first sets from them, but then I'll definately pick them up as an impulse buy as I go.

About January--when my wife forgets what I've bought recently---I'll talk to the shop about pre-ordering.

I'm a completist too, but hopefully I won't pick up too many duplicates too fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Petrunak
msg tools
Ruskicowboy wrote:
Jpetrunak wrote:

Yeah, right. As anyone who has gone to the dark side trying to collect everything from a blind booster game system can tell you, the chance of getting everything from 2 booster boxes is about nil.

For me im just going for one of each character , reguardless of which "level" they are. 2 Boxez I think would guarintee that, but yes one of everycard would be a long shot with just two. I'm pretty sure wizkids said that rarity and distribution wont be quite as painful with this particular game.

Who knows though. Assuming there is 3 of each character, plus 1 extra of each starter character, thats already 98 cards. I dont know how many of the action cards there are " or what ever they are called " but lets just say there are 30 of those, and some super rare cards you about 140 cards to get out of 240 cards in 2 boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan right now is to get one box, and my brother is going to do the same. Based on how that goes once we've traded dupes will determine how I proceed.

I'd really love to get to a point where I just pick up a pack or two a week (the price point of the boosters is part of what has me excited about this), but I want to start the first set out with a decent collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul virgo
United Kingdom
brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jpetrunak wrote:

For me im just going for one of each character , reguardless of which "level" they are.

I did that for Heroclix and don't regret it. Except maybe that I spent too much money doing that since the ones I bought were crazy weak compared to a starter deck I got that was recent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bump due to the increasing hotness (on both sides) of this game.

I can't wait to play this. I see this as an easy game to pull out when my toddler falls asleep and we just have a limited amount of time to wind down before bed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My current list:

-2 beginner sets (one for me and another for a friend)
-2 boxes (half of one box is going to the same friend)
-If I see booster packs in stores and I have a spare tenner I'll pick more up in future depending on my current collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted one but it is actually 1 and a half. I expect to get a complete set from this and a little bit of trading and singles buying. I plan on spending less than $100 with my discounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm grabbing 1 starter kit, 1 play mat, and 15 booster packs. Then we'll see if I'll need more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Starters and 2 boxes (120) pre-ordered. ($104 total, not bad at all)

If they sell this at Target and Walliemart, I'll keep an occassional buy in until I max out what I want. I think three dice for each character will be sufficient, as I don't min-max but instead prefer variety.

I need to keep in mind that I also need to buy for the daughter, so if we hit multiple common characters we both like then I'll need to hit the secondary market specifically for easy multiples. Heck, prolly just but more retail (buck a booster is cheap) as I like the plasti-crack fix, even if I have everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can somebody remind me on the exact contents of a booster. I know I read it somewhere but can't find the info again and don't want to start a thread about it.

IIRC each booster will contain 2 dice and 2 cards. My main question is, is there any link between the dice and cards in a given pack? Or is it possible to get two character cards and two dice that don't match at all in a pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
Can somebody remind me on the exact contents of a booster. I know I read it somewhere but can't find the info again and don't want to start a thread about it.

IIRC each booster will contain 2 dice and 2 cards. My main question is, is there any link between the dice and cards in a given pack? Or is it possible to get two character cards and two dice that don't match at all in a pack?

The dice match the card. So if you get a Thor and Spider-Man card in a blind pack, the pack will come with Thor and Spider-Man dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.