Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Starwing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I have been working on a 1/270 version of this ship for a few prior requests and thought i would run it by the board since there are people here who seem to feel strongly about the ship.

Keeping in mind that this is the extremely rough version (extended rectangles for guns and no detailing whatsoever yet)

I wanted to know about the proportions and how they worked to the eyes of the ships fans. I am always willing to take suggestions etc. The only real limit is the printing process, so wings cannot be too thin etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne Engineer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it, the dimensions look really good. It is more slender than many of the ships in the Star Wars galaxy but it is supposed to be sleek.

I have one of the Utar ships versions of this that I use to play and it is a fun ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
groovy. then unless there are more suggestions ill stick with these proportions. Sadly on this scale it would be a daunting challenge to make the wings foldable like on my Krayt assault shuttle, but i might give it a go if it doesnt look like it will be too fragile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Miniatures
Spain
flag msg tools
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Mel_Miniatures
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the proportions of the wing are a bit off. The top wing should be smaller and the other ones thicker like in this image:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
funnily enough i adjusted that a bit last night. Though i dont want to thin the wing too much as i like the design links to the Tydirium. Its still in the roughing out phase right now, Though i think i might have figured out how to make the wings fold without too much bulk around the hinge which makes me happy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
this is where im going with the wing. Still undetailed and the cannon is not the final version but needed for reference.

the hinge parts are mostly inside the missile launcher to cut down on bulk i cut away the exterior hull and made it so the entire hinge and wing fits in like so (expanded to show how it works. pretty simple - line the rings up, put the rod, or a 1mm length of wire would be sturdier,through the lot and simply insert into the missile pod. clearance should make it fit just right especially in betail material and a dab of glue on the flattened top hinge areas will make it permanent, though transportation might be easier if it remained detachable.Whichever way works best i suppose. the rod and hinges are all at least 1mm so they will print in WSF for those who, for some reason, want it, and detail material is a given. WSF Polished is a no no for this one though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Or instead of folding wings i could do interchangable pods like on the missile boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.