Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Q. Are effects that say “or,” “may,” or “unless” optional?
A. Yes. Effects using those words offer you a choice. If an effect
says, “may,” it is giving you an option which you choose to
resolve or not.
If an effect says, “or,” it is giving you two or more options
to choose from.
If an effect says, “unless,” it is giving you an option to resolve
the effect following “unless.” However, if you choose not to
or are unable to resolve that effect, you must resolve the effect
preceding “unless” instead.

So since those terms are offering you a CHOICE, and Pocket Watch says "You may not become delayed unless you CHOOSE to," then when certain cards offer you a CHOICE between "Bad Effect 1 OR become Delayed", you may NOT use the Pocket Watch to negate the effect, mirite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Supprised at the amount of Erratta, espcially since most of it is how I am playing the game anyway no I'm not sure whats actuaolly missing. I'm guessing it's mostly clarifying what was otherwise obvious/expected behavior.

Fractured Reality and Lost knowledge now discard after activation. Nice (and what I was expecting).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Ok, after reading no "WTF?" moments (which have happened in a few FFG FAQs of late) so that's good. In fact most of this stuff is clearly explained in the rulebook.

Most (all?) of the erratta I wouldn't consider real erratta. I don't really feel like I need replacement cards or peices (unlike MoM).

So overall good stuff! Only negative is they didn't answer my Archie jumping gates and meeting monsters question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great for FFG to be so quick to get this out. They are really keeping their support level high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one that is partially annoying is the Mi-Go Brain Case, if it becomes important in future expansions (i.e, they reference the Teamwork trait).

What is the change to Shub-Niggaruth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

So overall good stuff! Only negative is they didn't answer my Archie jumping gates and meeting monsters question.

Yeah, i was looking for that one too!

For now im playing it as your option #2 still.

My first rules question.

Magic african girl (I forgot her name, Archi or something) kills the monsters on her space and then has a gate encounter.
She manages to close the gate.
Her special ability lets her travel to another gate, which she does.
This space has monsters on it.

Does she
1) Now fight all the monsters on her new space immediatly since its still the encounter phase?
2) Not fight the monsters 'till next turn since she has had her non-monster encounter (the gate) so her encounter phase ends?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
antoniocapo wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Yeah, i was looking for that one too!

For now I'm playing it as your option #2 still.

My first rules question.

Magic African girl (I forgot her name, Archi or something) kills the monsters on her space and then has a gate encounter.
She manages to close the gate.
Her special ability lets her travel to another gate, which she does.
This space has monsters on it.

Does she
1) Now fight all the monsters on her new space immediately since its still the encounter phase?
2) Not fight the monsters 'till next turn since she has had her non-monster encounter (the gate) so her encounter phase ends?

By my interpretation, all monster encounters are done first unless you use something to bypass them (Mists of R'yleh or Pallid Mask) and then if the encounter (or effect like Akashi's ability) moves you elsewhere you do not then have another encounter, your turn just ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.