River Dragons» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game prone to AP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
This game intrigues me, but I hate it when I have to wait forever for each player to take their turn as they analyze every possible move.
Is this game prone to such analysis paralysis? I've read in a review or two that it is.
If so, do you house rule a time limit or have ways to mitigate taking too much time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luvmywife wrote:
This game intrigues me, but I hate it when I have to wait forever for each player to take their turn as they analyze every possible move.
Is this game prone to such analysis paralysis? I've read in a review or two that it is.
If so, do you house rule a time limit or have ways to mitigate taking too much time?

People could take time to think about moves, but in practice, it is difficult to imagine when the others would do their moves. I think you could easily add a time limit if necessary, in the game I played it was not necessary ... and if people start thinking too much, I show them that I shuffle part of the cards (i.e. that I place randomly the action they are looking for) so that they understand that there is no way to guess ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've ever had a game of this last more than 30 minutes. Most last nearer to 20 minutes.

I'd be inclined to say that this game isn't really prone to AP at all, though I'm sure some players could make it drag on... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nik holliday
United Kingdom
Appin
Argyll & Bute
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I`ve played this game a lot and have never experienced AP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.