39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Tholian stats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
msg tools
Not sure if anyone has posted this, but the new game trade has a very tiny image of the Tholian ship stats in a wiz kids ad. It's a little hard to read but looks like

90 degree front arc only
Attack 2
Evade 2
Hull 2
Shields 2

Abilities look like
Evade
Scan
The third one is really hard to make out, but might be target lock. It's too small to be certain though.

Galgathong is also 2/2/3/2, and equinox/nova class is confirmed attack 2. Raptor class is 3/1/3/1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
It's a printed magazine. I can try to take a pic later. Not sure how easy it will be to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awr29886 wrote:
It's a printed magazine. I can try to take a pic later. Not sure how easy it will be to see.

Have a scanner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't get the Tholian pic but I found an advert for the magazine that had different views of the Equinox and Gal Gath'Thong cards which gave details of the missing bits from the previous spoiler on BGG.

Putting the info from the 2 spoilers together gives:

and:

Given you could see all of the 4th Battleship in the first spoiler we are only missing the upgrade slots on the Somraw now (though I believe it will be Crew, Weapon, Tech).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
Here's what I was able to grab

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
Somraw Card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great find with the Tholian ship since I hadn't seen it yet

We had the image of the Somraw/Battleship/Gal/Equinox stuff already a while back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
Great find with the Tholian ship since I hadn't seen it yet

We had the image of the Somraw/Battleship/Gal/Equinox stuff already a while back

We did but you couldn't make out all the upgrade slots though you could make an educated guess, but sing these combined with the previous spoiler we have all the info. (except movement dials).

Here's the Somraw:

and the Battleship:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Weapon and 2 Crew slots on the Battleship suggests that the Jem'hadar have some new weapons coming. Sure, one is probably just another Photon Torpedo, but other new secondary weapons could be very useful.

I love the Ability on the 4th Division also. We'll see that with a pair of Jem'Hadar attack ships flown a lot I think.

Also, I want to like the Gal'gathong but with only 3 Hull it's ability ends up not very useful. Hopefully Keras will be a good commander so it's not shooting way down in the pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:
3 Weapon and 2 Crew slots on the Battleship suggests that the Jem'hadar have some new weapons coming. Sure, one is probably just another Photon Torpedo, but other new secondary weapons could be very useful.

I love the Ability on the 4th Division also. We'll see that with a pair of Jem'Hadar attack ships flown a lot I think.

Also, I want to like the Gal'gathong but with only 3 Hull it's ability ends up not very useful. Hopefully Keras will be a good commander so it's not shooting way down in the pack.

Looking at the stats and the point cost of the 4th Division, I'm actually more inclined to do a Kraxon/Battleship build. Loading the Battleship to the teeth and the Kraxon with Sar. I'd put that Romulan Captain that repairs shields/hull instead, but I like to do faction pure ships which means, unfortunately that I will have no way to repair the Kraxon's shields.

As far as weapons...outside of a dorsal weapons array type card, I'm not sure what else there could be. The multi-torp launcher makes a lot of sense. Maybe one that allows you to fire torps after using the main weapon? I'll take two, please. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D'Agostino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised no one has pointed out the Resource Participation Prize Card on page 6 whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Page 6 of what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gladpanda wrote:
I am surprised no one has pointed out the Resource Participation Prize Card on page 6 whistle

Don't leave us hanging like that, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
Page 6 of what?

Page 6 of the magazine these images are from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
I'm actually more inclined to do a Kraxon/Battleship build.

Eh, I'm going with a Battleship/Maht-H'A build with a Flagship on the Battleship and Worf/Barrage of Fire on the Maht-H'A. :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Someone look at page 6 for goodness sake!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:

The Ch'tang only has 3 hull and everyone who has it pretty much plays it....and the Gal Gathong has an extra agility. It's a tremendously better and more useful 3rd ship in a Romulan build than an Apnex, Vo, or Praetus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
davedujour wrote:

The Ch'tang only has 3 hull and everyone who has it pretty much plays it....and the Gal Gathong has an extra agility. It's a tremendously better and more useful 3rd ship in a Romulan build than an Apnex, Vo, or Praetus.

Everyone around here has mostly stopped playing 3 hull cloaking ships. It's way too easy to get a bad defense roll and lose the Ch'tang, Defiant, or the smaller Romulan ships to a single shot. Or definitely in a single turn. I flew the Ch'tang a couple of times just for the reroll ability, but it dies so very easily. It's 'free target lock' ability is the only thing that makes me ever want to fly the Ch'tang. Sometimes it's okay to have a small ship worth few points to fill out a fleet, but 3 hull just isn't very many.

The Gal'gathong is the best of the small Romulan ships, but I wish it was just a little bit bigger. It doesn't quite fit the definition of "medium" ship for me and the Romulans sorely need one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:
drscottkelly wrote:
davedujour wrote:

Everyone around here has mostly stopped playing 3 hull cloaking ships. It's way too easy to get a bad defense roll and lose the Ch'tang, Defiant, or the smaller Romulan ships to a single shot. Or definitely in a single turn. I flew the Ch'tang a couple of times just for the reroll ability, but it dies so very easily. It's 'free target lock' ability is the only thing that makes me ever want to fly the Ch'tang. Sometimes it's okay to have a small ship worth few points to fill out a fleet, but 3 hull just isn't very many.

The Gal'gathong is the best of the small Romulan ships, but I wish it was just a little bit bigger. It doesn't quite fit the definition of "medium" ship for me and the Romulans sorely need one.

However it's perfect if you want to play era pure when it would be up against D7's and the Constitution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:

I have a feeling that it may be a balance thing unless the ship has just uber weapons with it. With 6 attack, I have a feeling most of its secondaries will find more of a home on the bug. 4 crew slots would and 1 weapon slot would make the ship much stronger than 2 crew and 3 weapon in the long run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has no one looked at page 6 yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:

link/pic/scan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

link/pic/scan?

If he had any of those three, he'd not be asking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:

Someone look at page 6! What does it say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.