Tom Slizewski
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Can an appropriate size force that is activated and starts in a fortress space Lay Siege, spending 1 SA, then siege in part (c) of the Strategy Card Segment? If yes, does this cost another SA?

And I'm assuming all forces, the above activated one included, that have at least a siege 0 can roll sieges in he Siege Segment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes. An appropriate force that starts its activation in an enemy fortress space can spend 1 SA to set siege, then another for a siege roll, then get the usual free siege roll at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Slizewski
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sam. What makes this confusing is that the first sentence of 17.4 reads "may set siege or make a Siege roll."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, yes. I'm working from the Sequence of play (5.1,(2),b,i; also on the back page of the rulebook), which says you can besiege immediately upon activation if you're already in an enemy fortress space. I don't see that confirmed in section 17, though. I'm pretty sure the sequence of play is correct and section 17 should be revised slightly to correct the omission - of course, Bob's the authority, so don't lean too heavily on my say-so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expanded sequence of play early in the rulebook confirms Sam's answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm Sam's answer. If you have the SAs, and start in the space, you could set siege and get two siege rolls in the course of one round. Not a common opportunity, but certainly permissible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.