Subject: Guessing the 4th Division Battleship Captains and Upgrades. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A lot of people think this ship is going to produce the second Elite Talent Dominion captain, The Female Changeling. In addition to this, I'm hoping we get a Weyoun crew card.

Another bit that I keep hearing brought up is that with two secondary weapon slots, what kind of goods is it going to get that would justify taking them along with the battleship's strength 6 primary. I'm guessing they'll be something other than just more torpedos. Who knows, maybe they'll just up and give us a retail Barrage of Fire.

Techwise, the only thing I can find in the show lore about them is a powerful hull. This may already be represented by the ship's stats, but some armor I can pass around to my other ships would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
Personally, I'm hoping for Dumar and Tain. Tain should have been released with the Koranak but wasn't. And depending on which Dumar they're focusing on, he could fill the other slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas Albrecht wrote:
A lot of people think this ship is going to produce the second Elite Talent Dominion captain, The Female Changeling. In addition to this, I'm hoping we get a Weyoun crew card.

Another bit that I keep hearing brought up is that with two secondary weapon slots, what kind of goods is it going to get that would justify taking them along with the battleship's strength 6 primary. I'm guessing they'll be something other than just more torpedos. Who knows, maybe they'll just up and give us a retail Barrage of Fire.

Techwise, the only thing I can find in the show lore about them is a powerful hull. This may already be represented by the ship's stats, but some armor I can pass around to my other ships would be nice.

Female founder is a given. For a second captain there are a few options. Damar is the most popular character with no card yet, but he's also a Cardassian. I really don't see a second Weyoun unless he's a crew card, but it would make some sense since we see multiple versions of him in the show. Maybe another of the Vorta we saw like Keevan, Eris, or Borath.

The crew will likely all be Jem'Hadar that only work on Jem'Hadar ships. Maybe a Vorta for variety.

Weapons are quite tricky. With 6 dice primary, I'm hoping for some fun secondaries, a 4 or 5 dice polaron beam would be fantastic, but would likely be the most expensive upgrade we've seen yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see torps or high value secondary weapons given a primary of 6.

I think it would be more likely to be a lower strength increased arc weapon..say another dorsal or a lateral phasers.

I'm not sure about the Captain being a Founder as they didn't really take operational command...they had more of a flag position. I'd go with a Founder crew and another Vorta as the captain...someone like Yelgren.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in the tech specs for the ship from the show, it is supposed to be twice the size of a Galaxy Class with 3 times the firepower. Among its listed arms are 10+ torpedo launchers. I can see them having some sort of torpedo barrage that doesn't require a target lock or possibly can target multiple ships in the fire arc to represent this. That would be a worthy choice between the ships primary attack of 6 and a 4 or 5 die attack that could target multiple ships. In the least, something like the Sutherland's secondary torpedo launcher is a good bet.

I do want to see the female founder and perhaps another variation of the Weyoun clone. Dumar would be nice as well. I really just want the Dominion to have a "Donatra-ish" type captain as it would really aide their swarm style tactics. I can see the Battleship being the one to offer that ability to a swarm of attack ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the question of "what weapons could they give it that are worth equipping?" is a scary one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think by a weyon crew card i assume he meant a card that makes weyon worthwhile a decent dominion discard effect card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
i think by a weyon crew card i assume he meant a card that makes weyon worthwhile a decent dominion discard effect card

No, I meant a crew version of Weyoun, most likely with a different ability. One that would give him a good synergy with whatever they give the Female Changeling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Mulholland
msg tools
What about a Changeling captain which allows you to treat the ship he pilots as a Dominion ship and so all Dominion upgrades to it don't cost the additional point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas Albrecht wrote:
jiffk wrote:

No, I meant a crew version of Weyoun, most likely with a different ability. One that would give him a good synergy with whatever they give the Female Changeling.

Agreed. I would love another clone of Weyoun. Msybe, Weyoun 6, or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bertolac wrote:
What about a Changeling captain which allows you to treat the ship he pilots as a Dominion ship and so all Dominion upgrades to it don't cost the additional point?

I've thought about how best to use the changeling infiltration. I came up with a 6 point, skill 4 captain with the text "Discard this card to target an enemy ship at range 1. Roll damage against that ship equal to the ships captain skill."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect we'll have a crew or captain of some kind that allows 'repairs'.

After all, this is the only faction LACKING a 'repair' capability so far.

Romulans have Mirok.
Klingons have Konmel.
Federation have Defiant-O'Brien, Scottie, and Kyle.
Dominion have...nothing.

Since this will be the last Dominion ship we get until next August...(and that August release will then be the VERY last Dominion ship we get)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.