Subject: Playing Card Cases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Weihrauch
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
Can I get some recommendations for card cases that would be suitable for storing cards in game boxes? I'm collecting more and more games that include some type of cards and have been storing the cards in baggies in their respective game boxes. I'm looking for some reasonably priced (most likely plastic) boxes for storing the cards that come with CDGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Coconut Creek
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Really Useful Boxes. I don't have any of the boxes in front of me so I don't know what size I use, but here is the company website which gives you all the info you need to decide which box will work for you. I normally purchase them at Office Max/Depot and they're only a couple of bucks per box.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/boxdetails.ph...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered some of the 55-card hinged boxes from this site:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/card-cases/hinged-boxes/

I'm hoping that they will fit well into the game box for storage.

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure that you decide first whether your cards are going to be sleeved or unsleeved. Some card holders will be too tight with sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Weihrauch
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
autumnweave wrote:
Make sure that you decide first whether your cards are going to be sleeved or unsleeved. Some card holders will be too tight with sleeved cards.

Good point. All my cards will have plastic sleeves. They are thin plastic, but they do make the cards a little wider than standard sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
jezarik wrote:
I use the Really Useful Boxes. I don't have any of the boxes in front of me so I don't know what size I use, but here is the company website which gives you all the info you need to decide which box will work for you. I normally purchase them at Office Max/Depot and they're only a couple of bucks per box.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/boxdetails.ph...

I have a couple of the smallest of these. I put dice in them when we are plying games. Shake up box, slap on table. You can see the dice through the clear box. This way you do not have dice sending counters helter skelter on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option is to make your own to fit. Many games already have tuck boxes in their File sections, and this thread on how to make them includes a couple of web-based designers to print your own: How to make a tuckbox

All you need is some card stock, scissors and glue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Padraic Kirby
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having used boxes for years for counters and cards, I finally went back to 4" by 6" ziplock bags for cards and Snack Bag ziplocks for counters. They are transparent and mould their shapes to fit in the original box. Much more compact. Lots of empty card and plano boxes in my basement. Just find the bag, throw to the player and get on with setup.

Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen some colorful reports of people using bondage tape for this, and my FLGS has it in stock for exactly this reason ninja
(I have yet to try it, but it seems to work fine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb

I am also a fan of the bondage tape (for use in boardgame card storagewhistle) which can be found in a less suggestive version called Hugo's Amazing Tape marketed as a multi-use crafter's accessory by sewing and fabric shops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this thread isn't dead yet, I'll put another plug in for cardstock tuck boxes. I built a pair today using http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/ for the template, then added some Google Image search art to come up with the following for Lincoln's War:

The file for these should be up in the Lincoln's War folder soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://cds.a9t2h4q7.hwcdn.net/main/store/20090519001/items/m...

I've been very impressed with the size, utility and cost of these storage boxes from Menard's. By removing some of the inserts it will store up to 12 150 sleeved card decks with two slightly larger spaces that can be used for components. I've gotten them for DOA II. Netrunner, Killer Bunnies, Star wars LCG, etc.

Made of sturdy plastic with a hinged locking top for $4.99. Unfortunately, they don't appear to be available online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about deck boxes that are used for collectible card games?
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/sq/319115&page=1

Or you can make your own tuck boxes. Many games here have tuck box gins you can print out and assemble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.