Subject: Board Warping Normal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of this last night with a demo copy from a local FLGS and I'm a bit concerned about the main board used for tracking culture/combat/stability/etc being warped. Is this something normal with other folks copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be caused by the insert. If the tracking board is placed on the bottom with the Progression Cards board on top of it, and the personal playing boards on top of that - then it might tend to bend in storage.

I haven't used calipers on the two boards, but it seems to me that the Progression Board is slightly (very slightly) thicker than the Tracking Board (but probably not enough to make any real difference). But, I would put the Progression Card board on the bottom, reverse the Tracking board (put it upside down) on top of the Progression Card board, and then put the player boards on top.

Better - remove the insert, and place all boards on the bottom of the box, with the bits on top of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:

Better - remove the insert, and place all boards on the bottom of the box, with the bits on top of them.

That was my solution, my boards are a bit warped as well and they tend to spin a little bit if a corner is bumped, but they should flatten out just fine over time I would imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
The demo copy was unpunched with the boards on top right before we played. I was curious before dropping some serious cash on this. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found this board warps less than other boards I have of this thickness. And I know about warping, as I tend to play outside on a covered porch in a rather humid area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
...they tend to spin a little bit if a corner is bumped...

The copy I played with was quite warped and suffered from this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy came from Essen and has no warping problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Essen copy; plain progress card board, but warped score board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of mine we warped. Usually I throw the insert out, but this box is so big with respect to the components that I left it in (though it is easily the ugliest insert I have ever had). I put the boards upside down on the insert and stored the game like that. After a few days, they were no longer warped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of mine are also warped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine for Christmas today and both boards are also warpedcrysoblue

The person who gave it to me said it was ordered from CSI last week. I turned the boards upside down and put them back in the box, hopefully that will cause them to bend back the opposite way and end up straight. If they do not straighten out I will probably contact the company and see about replacement boards. It is a pretty expensive game to come with components that are less than perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided to hold off. I can't see spending Eclipse type money for a game with much less components and boards that are prone to warping. The game was fun, but it would drive me crazy to pay $67 to $100 and see the corners of the main board a half inch off the table. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I each got a copy from CSI when they appeared about 2 weeks ago. Neither of them have any warping or issues with any of the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did end up sending Asmodee Customer Service an email telling them that both of my boards were warped and asked if they would please send replacement boards. Over 48 hours and no reply from their customer service, not even an email acknowledging that they received my email. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that everyone at their Customer Service has off for the week since it was Christmas or that they are going to make things right and send me 2 boards that are not warped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.