Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
85 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: What would you like to see Fantasy Flight games pick up and remake next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
From looking at Fantasy Flights rather extensive catalogue of games, it appears that they do a great job of remaking older games and doing it well. It got me thinking about what I would like to see then do next.

- Wizard's Quest. One of my favourite older games. They could even retheme it in the same way that Rex is a returned version of Dune.

- GIPF Project. I know that fantasy flight are not well known for abstracts, but the Gipf games are in low supply and high demand. Most of them will cost between £45-£50 if you can find them.

- Crossbows and Catapults. Can you imagine what Fantasy Flight would do for Crossbows and Catapults? That would be awesome.

What would you like to see remade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have one of the most ill-founded opinions on this website because I'm only about 2 years into the hobby. That being said, two games that I've read about on this site that I wish I had access to and don't are Civilization and Magic Realm. Whether I would actually be able to play/get these games played is another question, but as a relative newbie to the hobby I wish I could even consider these games as options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kaiser
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HeroQuest devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kaiser
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously though, Crossbows and Catapults would be very cool to see again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of ICE's old The Fellowship of the Ring game or maybe The Battle of Five Armies- unfortunately, there are a tons of LotR games already so I know it won't happen. I'd love to see what they would do with the components along with revising the end game. I'll have to be happy playing Ares' War of the Ring (Second Edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Still Dinosaurs of the Lost World. Upgraded components, updated design... would make my family's favorite game even more awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BattleTech CCG (as an LCG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: Epic Duels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last crossbows and catapults remake was only a few years ago, wasn't it? Unlikely to see it again for awhile, I'd think.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilde Vandierendonck
Belgium
zemst
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephus404 wrote:
abismald wrote:
HeroQuest devil

Unfortunately, Heroquest is dead due to the cost of the raw materials, unless someone comes up with a cheap alternative to oil-based plastics.

Are you sure you are talking about HeroQuest and not Heroscape? While I'd agree about the latter I don't see the issue with HeroQuest.

When you look at the component list of the base game you see that the amount of plastic is not that far away from Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) which is obviously going pretty well for FFG. But that's the even better reason why there most likely won't be a HeroQuest remake from FFG: Why should they even try if they already have a modern, very popular dungeon crawler in their portfolio?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing Mystick Domination redone in a boxed set ala Blue Moon, so that all deck-building possibilities are available. Played the hell out of that game. Fantastic stuff. Unfortunately, since Eric Lang is working almost exclusively with WizKids, it seems, I don't foresee it happening any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tigger Nicholson
msg tools
The old GW "Doctor Who" board game.

Railway Rivals...great game. The 1984 spiel de jahre winner, and sadly out of print for wayyy too long.

+1 for Magic Realm, never played it, would love to.

Ambush. (Although I have most of the original set of games, I think it deserves resurrecting for others)

I'd also love them to pick up the old GW superhero rpg "Golden Heroes". The original system was very good, and I'm disappointed (but not surprised) that GW wont allow the original author to produce it as an indie game. (Although he's produced a new variation with new game mechanics called Squadron UK, I still prefer the old game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hamachek
United States
Manitowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Magic Realm.

Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit.

+1 to Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie.

If Fantasy Flight got the rights to any of these and reprinted them i think alot of people would go into just take my money now modelaugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Miller
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A couple of years ago I read somewhere that FFG were going to produce a new version of Blood Royale but I’m not sure if this was true or if it has just died a death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bas Tyra wrote:
A couple of years ago I read somewhere that FFG were going to produce a new version of Blood Royale but I’m not sure if this was true or if it has just died a death.

I think I read that they looked at it, but could find no way to reduce the playing time, so abandoned the idea as untenable.

To be honest, apart from Magic Realm, I struggle to think of a remake that I'd rather see than something new. And I'm not sure that Magic Realm is a good fit for the FFG treatment anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FURY OF DRACULA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Circus Maximus. With a major component upgrade and streamlined gameplay to take away some of the "chartiness," this could be a really great racing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assault on Hoth: The Empire Strikes Back

... but with a larger (epic size) board and minis. Lots and lots of (very well made) minis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with something less "eyecand-ish" and say Mission: Red Planet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit

Escape from Colditz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryce kartchner
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Star Wars: Epic Duels. That game really needs a quality reprint. A remake and overhaul of Dark Tower would be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battleship Galaxies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miller4h9 wrote:
I will have one of the most ill-founded opinions on this website because I'm only about 2 years into the hobby. That being said, two games that I've read about on this site that I wish I had access to and don't are Civilization and Magic Realm. Whether I would actually be able to play/get these games played is another question, but as a relative newbie to the hobby I wish I could even consider these games as options.

You can actually make your own copy of both of these games. It does take a bit of work though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.