Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Looking for a game - anyone up to play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norm Chong
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Does anyone want to play online? I'm have some experience but still consider myself a beginner...but good enough to be dangerous!

I have a friend on the forum who can play as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Texasfight. With three campaign games running I'm overstretched already. And taking a break for christmas too.

If you get an opponent I'll be happy to help you get started with files etc that you might need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd consider to play as well but only have limited space and never played PBF though did play half of a campaign and maybe 30+ vanilla games.

I do own all the descent 1 components but don't have space to lay out all of them (mostly the maps/monsters).

I'd be interested in playing the 1-2 heroes and would prefer standard rules (no house rules) and whatever you PBFs consider best PBF-fixes.

I'd prefer to join a group with at least 1+ players experienced in playing PBF sessions.

How often would you like to see one log-on and play (x-times a hours/day/week?)

Regards

p.s.: I'd also be interested in playing SoB but have no experience beyond Dungeon levels in terms of SoB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You don't need to layout the game at your place. You just need to play it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schoneman
msg tools
Could you give me more details on the forum games? What do you mean I don't have to lay out the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Slimm
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
The link to tilesystem appears to be broke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd be open to playing a/some heroes, if you still need a player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas H.
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be also willing to play a game, since we are starting a RTL F2F, so one more online would not be too much of a burden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
So anyone with PBF and RtL wants to start a campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
So ionas and I are interested, is anyone else from this thread still interested? I know it's been around for a month or so, dunno if any of the previous posters would still be around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
So ionas and I are interested, is anyone else from this thread still interested? I know it's been around for a month or so, dunno if any of the previous posters would still be around.

Oh, I* certainly am.

I'd be really looking forward to play 1-2 heroes and would take turns at least a few times per 24h, but if you play slower I'd adapt. I'd from time to time skip a Saturday or Sunday (girlfriend) but else be available quite frequently.

I am fine to lose as a hero group (no problem with that) but would really try to squash the Overlord's reign!

I'd be open to have a Skype- or IRC-chat from time to time to discuss meta-strategy, just if you like to.

So, who else is ready to go!?

*As of now I am trying to get the Descent-Campain-Tracker a new hosting. It is not 100% sure if it will run but Steven and I am working on it.
Just in case someone knows me from the RtL discussion forums: For a campaign I don't like to discuss rules but want to simply play RtL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
You will skip a Saturday girlfriend.

Translating into French ... Ooooh blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Sean, why don't you try your luck as an Evil Overlord ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Merrimac wrote:

I think I will if necessary, but I play OL in F2F (will likely never get the chance to play heroes), so I tend to prefer heroes in PBF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
Merrimac wrote:

I think I will if necessary, but I play OL in F2F (will likely never get the chance to play heroes), so I tend to prefer heroes in PBF.

Yeah, that is why I usually like to play the hero party, because I play the OL a lot with my group. Training them up enough so they feel comfortable is important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas H.
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I will play whatever is available, though I do not have experience with the Descent PBF (I play DoomBF) - as I can see you use some special software in most cases (looks a bit different to Vassal or Tilesystem but it may be one of them), but if you can give me a quick crash course, I can do that.

Though I would prefer a hero as well since I play OL in F2F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, that's three interested people, so let's do that. One OL and two hero players.

I can concede playing the OL, or we can roll for it, whatever you two want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas H.
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
Well, that's three interested people, so let's do that. One OL and two hero players.

I can concede playing the OL, or we can roll for it, whatever you two want.

If you can still enjoy it, play the OL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know the original poster wanted to play. I am not sure if he was interested in play an AC, but if you could, please wait for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well if either of you are willing to give it a fair random shot, I'm open to that. But if neither of you would play the OL, then I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas H.
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I am not faimiliar with the exact software and how it will be used in this particular case, I feel I am not ready to play OL. But I can certainly be included in the random shot, if you help me get used to the randomizers and such. Is there a link where I could read the tutorial to the process?
Or what do I need to download (I have Vassal as well as a Tilesystem) but if you use a different tool, I can certainly use that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually after more thought, I'm ok with playing OL. I'm sure I'll get my fill of playing heroes with Merrimac and/or others in 1v1.

So, you and Ionas for heroes, with the possible addition of the OP if he pops in sometime soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
As for the tool, I think most people use Tilesystem, and that's what I'd use for this. That said, Zerrian's and I (mostly him) are working on a 1E mod for Vassal, so at some point it may change to that. The benefits being counters for health/Stam, better tracking of equipment/skills, and other such things. Using a text file for all of that can get quite confusing at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I talked with the OP. I don't think he is interested in an AC.

I would talk over your house rules and how you want to handle things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd say the typical PBF house rules, including hero modifications. Basically the same stuff from my 1v1 with Merrimac, with possible exception of the third floor CT modification. Not sold on that one quite yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.