United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/322

Learn about the new poison markers, 2 Cloak units, and more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Poison is going to be huge!

So I read this to mean that a unit with 1 poison damage makes their attack die result of 3 or less a miss; if they have 2 poison damage then their attack dies of 4 or less are misses and so on.

Further, poisoned units can only move 1 space or else lose their ability to attack - that's a totally nightmare for Champions. Economy wise I reckon hunters may well challenge the hegemony of Champions. Love/fear how cheap they are.

(Again the trend that I'm seeing with Second Summoner decks is a new focus on the merits of commons and the development of some weaknesses with Champions - it's like a whole new game! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I agree. These guys know how to make expansions. Not only do they add more to the game, they also improve it.

Sometimes the champions could be a little strong. Especially in situations where you only have commons and a Hydrake comes out. Many games I shift my whole army just to avoid a champion barging down the battlefield. And then when I can summon an equally as good champion to fight it. I think they are trying to encourage commons to get it on this fight instead of running away. Many times I felt the commons were basically free magic for the opponent but I think that will start to change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan L wrote:
Yep I agree. These guys know how to make expansions. Not only do they add more to the game, they also improve it.

Sometimes the champions could be a little strong. Especially in situations where you only have commons and a Hydrake comes out. Many games I shift my whole army just to avoid a champion barging down the battlefield. And then when I can summon an equally as good champion to fight it. I think they are trying to encourage commons to get it on this fight instead of running away. Many times I felt the commons were basically free magic for the opponent but I think that will start to change.

I agree, I think more common play is a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.