GMT Games» Forums » General

Subject: Let's add links to official pages for all GMT's games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed recently that entries of most games released by GMT are missing a link to official web page:

I propose that we the GMT fans fix this. I've fixed about 40 links yesterday but I can't do everything by myself. Combat Commander and Commands & Colors series as well as many CDGs are now fixed, though some of them are not yet visible (awaiting approval from geekmods). I haven't touched anything from these series: GBoH, American Revolution, Men of Iron, Musket and Pike. If you want to help just go through all the GMT games you have in your collection and add links for them. Here's a quick howto:

If a game is missing a link as shown in the image above click on the "Web Links" link at the top of game description:

This will take you to "Web Links" management section:

I discovered that in most cases link to official web page is already added. If it is click on it to verify that it is correct (1). If it is correct click on "Browse" (2) and then click "Propose default" next to official link. That's it - you're done.

If the existing link is incorrect (some links really are because GMT removes game page if the game is reprinted) click on "Dead Link?".

If the link does not exist or it is incorrect you need to add correct link. Click on "Add link" (3) and fill in the description:

I enter the following values:
Primary Name: GAME_NAME at GMT Games
URL: link to game page at gmtgames.com
Language: English
Category: Official
Description: same as Primary Name

Once you save the link you have to wait until it's approved by geekmods. Once they approve it you need to set it as default as described earlier (Web Links -> Browse -> Propose Default). And you're done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.