Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Call me crazy, but I'm gonna include one as soon as Honor and Profit is out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:

You're crazy

No, seriously, I think Exploratry Romp will be an ok counter to both Mishin No Shin and Plan B.

I think Singularity will be a better one devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:

You're crazy

No, seriously, I think Exploratry Romp will be an ok counter to both Mishin No Shin and Plan B.

Yeah, but also a click and 3 credits more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:

You're crazy

As opposed to having to make the run twice? (Once to neuter the card, once to check what it is). if you leave it there, the corp can just advance it three times again and you're in the same boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You wouldn't run archives after using Singularity? You'd also give them a chance to Jackson-Howard it.

And it's probably a server without any Ice, because Mushin No Shin specifies it's a NEW remote server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:

You're crazy

As opposed to having to make the run twice? (Once to neuter the card, once to check what it is). if you leave it there, the corp can just advance it three times again and you're in the same boat.

INFILTRATION.

Anytime someone says Exploratory Romp I'm gonna ask "Do you have 3 infiltrations already?"

And there IS one thing that Exploratory Romp is good for - disarming Ice Wall to delay Tricks of Light for a turn. That's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
dwjmeijer wrote:

You're crazy

INFILTRATION.

Anytime someone says Exploratory Romp I'm gonna ask "Do you have 3 infiltrations already?"

And there IS one thing that Exploratory Romp is good for - disarming Ice Wall to delay Tricks of Light for a turn. That's about it.

If I'm running Mushin no Shin, I can guarantee you I'm running Zaibatsu as well

EDIT: Let's just all agree that there are multiple approaches to this situation, all ofwhich have potential drawbacks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, you aren't the only one to think of it . I think it's still hard to justify using the card, but perhaps if there's more things it's good against coming up, it might be worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

FAR be it from me to support Exploratory Romp, but remember that Mushin no Shin requires the card to go into a new server. The corp has one click to protect it - usually, running such a card twice will be low-cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

FAR be it from me to support Exploratory Romp, but remember that Mushin no Shin requires the card to go into a new server. The corp has one click to protect it - usually, running such a card twice will be low-cost.

Fair point. Though I can see Richteki or HB doing some Mirrormorph Shenanigans with it

Hmm, could that work in Cerebral Imaging? Or is that ID usually too ICE-light?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Hmm, could that work in Cerebral Imaging? Or is that ID usually too ICE-light?

As a Cerebral Imaging player, it's definitely too ICE-light. I have 12 ICE in my Cerebral Efficiency deck, and even that sometimes feel like too much. But maybe in the future there will be a new archtype for that ID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BP LP
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I'll ask here, is Mushin No Shin crazy meta? I assume it refers to Mushin, which according to Wikipedia is the idea of being so good at something you do it by instinct, without thought. It seems like you COULD justify that within the game universe, but the picture is of a guy playing cards, and Netrunner is a card game. Does it refer to the actual player playing that way? I don't even know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exploratory Romp is bad, and will always be bad. So will Rework. So will Salvage. So will Aurora and Force of Nature.

Some cards are bad, and that's okay. They can't all be winners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But making bad cards useful is incredibly fun, even if they are still pretty bad in those kinds of decks (or the decks themselves aren't tournament viable)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.