Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just completed a solo game with 4 investigators. I kept a detailed record of it, which is pending review as a session report in this folder.

One pattern I notice about this game that, to me, enhances the fun. In the solo games I've played so far, I feel like I am doing very well--that I'm way ahead of the Ancient One...until the end game. Then suddenly everything spins out of control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game against Azathoth, we kept being one turn late in stopping something "bad". And so things just got worse and worse.

When those "game ending" rumors show up, you literally have to stop what you're working on and address those. We seem to keep splitting our efforts to our demise.

And we always underestimate the effort to get around the board. Some legs are 3 straight boat tickets (impossible) and others are constant ticket/travel only turns. We need to better utilize the land travel I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. In my game, I had a handle on the rumors. Lily Chen took on the Spinner of Webs and blasted it with a lightning gun twice, destroying it. My problem was that the last mystery required finding FOUR clues. We found three real quickly...and the fourth never spawned. Instead, gates kept opening, and the Star Spawn of Tokyo kept speeding the Doom forward.

Then I stupidly sent two investigators against the Star Spawn, and it drove them both insane. Game over!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
Yep. In my game, I had a handle on the rumors. Lily Chen took on the Spinner of Webs and blasted it with a lightning gun twice, destroying it. My problem was that the last mystery required finding FOUR clues. We found three real quickly...and the fourth never spawned. Instead, gates kept opening, and the Star Spawn of Tokyo kept speeding the Doom forward.

Then I stupidly sent two investigators against the Star Spawn, and it drove them both insane. Game over!

yes star spown and dark young very nasty boys. Very often can be game maker....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.