Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again to be on the safe side:

-I use the vent as an alien, it says I SKIP a sector, if this sector's on fire, I'm not hurt okay?

-What are the hidden (alien) token for (honestly, I can't see the point of having the tokens...)

-A minor alien is killed as soon as he gets one damage right? So what happens in Alien vs Grey matches where Greys do no damage points?

-Last but not least: Card from the deck: I play my bonus ward whenever I want, right, during my turn. But does that mean that I can install a card when I had no other reason to do so than playing the bonus card "card from the deck"?

TY per advance and have a merry X-mas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
-I use the vent as an alien, it says I SKIP a sector, if this sector's on fire, I'm not hurt okay?

That's completely right. You skip the fire, tentacles, etc.

Quote:
-What are the hidden (alien) token for (honestly, I can't see the point of having the tokens...)

Those are the triangular ones, the round ones with a lightning icon are for Minor Aliens. You don't need to use the tokens, you can burn them It is not even specified where to put them... They are there just to remind you of a trap/module when there's more chaos on the board The same applies to the curvy fire's and tentacles' tokens.

Quote:
-A minor alien is killed as soon as he gets one damage right? So what happens in Alien vs Grey matches where Greys do no damage points?

Hmm, that's tough. Normally, a Minor Alien dies when you take HP damage and the loss of HP is avoided then. If you don't get any damage, the Minor Alien does not die and Greys still acquire 1 DP. The designer can say otherwise, as I'm not an expert. It's just thematically correct to assume that Greys gather data on all the aliens, whether they are minor or not and no alien is harmed in the process

Quote:
-Last but not least: Card from the deck: I play my bonus ward whenever I want, right, during my turn. But does that mean that I can install a card when I had no other reason to do so than playing the bonus card "card from the deck"?

Yes, you can use your "card from the deck" card anytime during your turn - you can install a second card this turn, you can install a card in place of enemy's Mine after activating it, you can install a card at the beginning of your turn and you can install a card before or after resupplying your Awaiting Cards (not sure about the translation). But you cannot use "card from the deck" when your deck is empty, just to move the Termination Token one space closer to the end.

Happy holidays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaaaaaaaank you Maruisz and a merry X-mas too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Once again to be on the safe side:

Again, an ancient question, but since it never got properly answered:

The Greys can still inflict wounds through their Landmines and Life-Tapping Devices. Either of those cards can remove a Minor Alien from play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.