Kaldar
LudesFactor
lvoverride
miraria
PeteVasi
TheSparky

18 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1091...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Re: Christmas in Wolfville - Merriment of the Old Guard
I love the Raid Christmas Invitational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
If I but had the time
I'd show my skills at rhyme
But alas
all I can say
is Merry Christmas!
have a great day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
I love the Raid Christmas Invitational.

Yes. A round of thanks to Good Raid, who had the generosity and Holiday Spirit to host, since we have a real life friend of mine that enjoyed the party game and wanted MORE. If he can ever get in the game. whistle

For the record, this IS a cultist hint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aaaaand I just NOW remembered what my avatar was like nowadays. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All I wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth a hunter victory for myself and the village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:

Item: - There will be one Christmas Bell. A player in possession of the Christmas Bell will be immune to night kills. They must give the bell to another player during the night, if they do not then the bell will disappear forever, for it must be given as a gift. If the gift is ever given to a wolf, it will be randomly given to a non-wolf player.

It's unclear whether the pass happens before or after the NK. And if the holder is also immune to brutals that happen at night.

Also, it's not explicitly mentioned, but I assume the day lynch role/alignment is revealed? And that it's intentional that there is no way for anyone to determine the identity of the NK (eg: no reveal, and no priest in the game). Is Alignment of the NK revealed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So...if a Grinch ever gets the bell, it stays within the grinches forever? Since the passing and the chat and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to play - thanks for the game fellas.

I have a slight concern about the bell. First, I'm not quite sure I understand the part about if it's given to a wolf player. For example, if I am good and have the bell - and then submit an order to give the bell to a player who's actually a wolf will it then go to random good player INSTEAD or does the pass complete and then the wolf have to pass to a random non-wolf the next night?

Both can be used by the village to detect wolves. If the good side announces their passes beforehand then it will reveal a wolf if it gets redirected in one interpretation. Also in that one, anyone who holds the item is cleared. If a wolf can possess it but it gets passed to a random good the next night, then pre-announcing passes can damn the passer if it doesn't go to the intended target.

Maybe a wolf gets to pick the target and if they pass to a wolf then it goes to a random good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for setting this up, Raid! I'm excited too.

Even number of players, with an even number of brutals - we might have an even number in final 4 which tends to devolve to a LHLV race which, honestly, sucks. Odd brutals? no guarantee all of them will go off, but perhaps the odds are a bit better? Or add a player?

Also, can a victory be shared? i.e. good/evil victory with a grinch victory, or do the grinches steal the victory in that case? and will a grinch victory trigger right away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the invite and the manual reminder geekmail, Raid! Looking forward to playing with some old friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
There are a lot of names on the list that I haven't seen for a long time (hi Kaldar! hi Deb!!!) but who the heck is BadPegasus54? Somebody's new account?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Raid1280 wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
There are a lot of names on the list that I haven't seen for a long time (hi Kaldar! hi Deb!!!) but who the heck is BadPegasus54? Somebody's new account?

It's so hard trying to invite people to a game like this, as if I could invite everyone from the days of yore, it would be a 50+ person game, and I wanted to keep the roleset simple and fast.

Badpegasus is a friend of our blue rabbit. Kaldar missed the old guard and desired a bunneh reunion, and wanted to invite one of his real-life friends to meet each of you, so show him some love before restricting his airway.

Didn't mean to choke anyone out, sorry! I was just curious about the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as I'm already on the roster, I guess I'm playing. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. Sounds good Raid, re: bell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO EXCITED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm checking in with bells on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Raid you might want to proofread some of the wordings of the roles - looks like you copied them out of some other sets? In particular there doesn't seem to still be a Random Role Seer in this set, and I find this statement a bit amusing and confusing:

Quote:
The acolyte seer does not receive a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not wolf.'

I can't tell if:

1. The acolyte seer "gets" a N0 negative but the result just isn't given to the acolyte until after the seer dies like all the other views.
2. The acolyte seer doesn't get a N0 of any sort.
3. The 'not' is a typo in the above? It just seems odd to say "does not" but then to go into a very specific description of what that "does not" would have entailed even though it's different from their normal night action. "The acolyte seer does not get an anonymous private chat with one randomly chosen wolf and one randomly chosen grinch."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Also, do the regular wolves and brutal wolves share a chat and a kill? Since they're currently listed separately it could be that there's a pair of regular wolves that know each other, have a chat, and a kill, and a pair of brutal wolves that know each other, have an independent chat, and an independent kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
Please limit posts made after you have been killed, since there is no
moderator on duty to police such things, it would be better to refrain

Whoever programmed RaidBot1280 seems to have done quite a good job of making him seem pretty lifelike and realistic but then you run into these odd omissions such as not being able to police post-death posts. Fix those things up and I think you could pass the Turing Test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The rules I completely skipped,
I saw who the invite was from.
I perused the player list,
[vote bluelise], and done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluelise wrote:
I'm checking in with bells on.

Is that a claim, blue? devil

I'm here (yes, I know the reminder said to send a GM, but since everyone seems to ignore it, I have to blend in )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
Whee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

It's so hard trying to invite people to a game like this, as if I could invite everyone from the days of yore, it would be a 50+ person game, and I wanted to keep the roleset simple and fast.

Badpegasus is a friend of our blue rabbit. Kaldar missed the old guard and desired a bunneh reunion, and wanted to invite one of his real-life friends to meet each of you, so show him some love before restricting his airway.
Yes, so please just lynch him d1 so we can make him join some other game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [40] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.