Love Letter» Forums » Variants

Subject: Laputa retheme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually came to mind before I played Lost Legacy! The theme seems solid enough:

8: Laputa - If you have it in hand you are closest to claiming it, but it can slip out of your graps all too easily.
7: Pazu and Sheeta - Have the gem and are closest to Laputa, but can't compete with brute force (5&6).
6: Muska - Has the second best shot at ruling the place, but will use (trade) anyone if he has to.
5: Dola/Mouro - Through brute force or cunning, have a good shot at Laputa and can force another to lose their advantage.
4: Robot - Protector of Laputa, but whoever has control of them is immune to other's machinations.
3: Military - brute force check.
2: Spies - the government tapping wires and keeping tabs.
1: Pirates - the weakest group, but have a shot at knocking anyone else out of the running by being fast and flexible.

I also made some alternative images in case players have favourites from the film. The initial idea was to keep all the cards for each value the same, partly to aid new players and partly because I felt more 'generic' images suited the theme better, but Laputa is so rich in excellent imagery that I couldn't resist.

Text:
I wanted to condense the effect of each card into one word, for style and ease of play. Wasn't possible for 7, but works for the rest. A rough translation is:
8: Lose
7: No effect (Throw away if you hold 5 or 6)
6: Exchange
5: Discard
4: Disable/immune
3: Compare
2: Look
1: Guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like what you've done there! Good work. My girls would like playing with this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, I remember seeing the movie as a child and then... nothing ever since. It seems a shame that this isn't better known over here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.