Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just buried my favorite cat, Abigail, this evening in my backyard.

I found her, just before dinner, in the sun room. She passed away peacefully in her sleep.

Abigail was a good cat. She watched over me once for two weeks straight while I had double pneunomia. Would not leave my side the entire time I was sick. Felt like I had my owm personal guardian angel watching over me.

Abigail was old, but in good health. Lately, for some reason I had a feeling her time was short. Sadly, I was right.

Now I have to put on a happy face and try to keep spirits up for the family during Christmas, but my heart isn't in it. I feel a profound sadness that words cannot express.

Sorry if this post bums anyone out. I just needed to vent a little.

May you all have the happiest of holidays.

Thanks,
Jack
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Scott
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for your loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences on your loss! It's good that she passed away peacefully in her sleep though.

My cat died after a long bout of illness, vet visits, and suffering, last year around this time (a couple of days after Christmas).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Buckmaster
United States
Ada
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you personally believe, but I think Abigail is still watching over you, she just changed posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww. I'm so sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I share your pain... I had to put my dog to sleep yesterday, she was man's best friend for 15 years. It is my first pet to pass away in my adult life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john ford
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you're going through, too. Had to euthanize our cat last week -- you really have lost a family member. Please know a lot of people are thinking about you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts are with you. It sounds like you were both fortunate to have one another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a cat owner myself, may I add my own condolence to you at this time. I know exactly how you feel, but take heart in the fact that your never alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d Michel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, It's always tough to lose a dear companion and friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so sorry, brother. Hang in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences on your loss . I had to put my beloved kitty to sleep four years ago just before Christmas (it began to snow the moment she officially passed). It took me so long to overcome my grief. For so many years, she and her sister were my family. As it turns out, I became pregnant when she passed too so my now husband and I always said it was her spirit reincarnated. I don't believe it now because she was all sweetness and my son has too much of a defiant streak in him to be pure sweetness in my book laugh, but at the time it helped me through. I still miss her and her sister, who died a month after my son was born. But they filled my life with such love for those years and it makes me grateful to have enjoyed their company. I hope to meet them again someday. Prayers for you in your time of grief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
I share your pain... I had to put my dog to sleep yesterday, she was man's best friend for 15 years. It is my first pet to pass away in my adult life.

I am sorry for your loss too. I've never been a dog or a cat person. I love them both equally--so much love on four legs...how can one not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
And it goes without saying, The Rainbow Bridge should be posted:

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
I'm really sorry for your loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your kind posts.

It feels like Abigail was with me forever. She was found as a stray by my brother-in-law in the hills of West Virginia. Must have not been abandoned for long, since she was in good health. He brought her home, but she wouldn't stay with them. She was always over my house.

It is said that you don't pick a cat. A cat picks you. I was reluctant at first, but my wife convinced me to let her stay.

Abigail never had much interest in me, at first. Not that I was ever mean to her. She just preferred the company of other members of the household.

That all changed when I got sick. Came down with double pneunomia, and with no health insurance at the time, had to tough it out on my own.

That's when Abigail came into my room and would not leave. Other than quick runs for food and the litter box, she stayed with me the entire time. If the door was closed, she put up a big fuss until someone let her in. No one could make Abigail leave my side. She even slept next to me.

After I recovered, Abigail picked me to be her buddy. She preferred my company over everyone else in the house from that day on.

I had to bury her by lantern light, in the cold and dark. The ground was frozen and tough to dig, but it was the least I could do for the best cat I ever owned. No, not owned. The best cat that ever adopted me.

Abigail will always have a place in my heart. That place is now empty, but, as some of you have mentioned, I feel she is still watching over me. That makes this a little easier to bear.

Well, now I have to put on a happy face. My nephew is due to visit in an hour to see what Santa brought him. I'll wait until after the new year to tell him what happened. Christmas is for the children, so I can't spoil this day for him. I will just have to pretend everything is OK.

Sorry this post is so long. Since I can't share this burden with my family, I'm sharing this with my BGG family. Thanks for letting me talk about this. Any of you who know me through the boards know I usually never talk about my feelings. I appreciate your support and kind words.

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you,
Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
It's never easy losing a friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really sorry for your loss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
I just buried my favorite cat, Abigail, this evening in my backyard.

I found her, just before dinner, in the sun room. She passed away peacefully in her sleep.

Abigail was a good cat. She watched over me once for two weeks straight while I had double pneunomia. Would not leave my side the entire time I was sick. Felt like I had my owm personal guardian angel watching over me.

Abigail was old, but in good health. Lately, for some reason I had a feeling her time was short. Sadly, I was right.

Now I have to put on a happy face and try to keep spirits up for the family during Christmas, but my heart isn't in it. I feel a profound sadness that words cannot express.

Sorry if this post bums anyone out. I just needed to vent a little.

May you all have the happiest of holidays.

Thanks,
Jack

Many hugs to you. You have my sympathy.

My pet dog, Lucy, passed away on Christmas morning a few years ago. I'd decided not to go through to see my parents that year and stay in Edinburgh instead, which obviously I came to regret.

She too was old, and up to just a few days before was also very healthy.

Any time of year is a hard time to lose someone close - family, friends and even pets. Christmas is so much harder.

Again, my condolences on your loss. I will have a drink to Abigail when I toast Lucy, today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You must feel so honoured for having been chosen for the very special relationship she offered you. My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our 5 cats are our children, mostly our family, and also mostly our friends. I am sorry. It hasn't happened to us yet luckily, but one day it will.

It is just mainly my wife and I and the cats. They drink our cereal milk out of the same bowl when we are eating it, because they love it. They shred the foam stuffing out of our chairs to make lairs. The vacuuming has to be done once per week and a half to two. They sleep in our bed unless they get rowdy and then we kick them out so that we can sleep. They eat on china plates or china bowls every day and eat wet food once per day. We love them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you had an amazing relationship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shockey
United States
Arbutus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We lost our cat Belle a few months ago while we were out. Its very hard to lose a member of the family. Try to have a Merry Christmas. I'm sure Abigail would want you to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry to hear that. I hope your Christmas is as nice as possible despite what happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm a cat lover and "father" of 3 myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.