Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabea was open as to which game we would play next, so I felt it was my duty to not allow her to leave the U.S. without having played Elfenland. The game is so refreshingly different than other games that I feel it is almost essential that everyone play it just for the experience. We used the rule wherein each player is dealt 8 new cards each round, but can only hold a maximum of 12 cards. I feel this works well when there are several 'newbies' in the game. If the game is being played with all veterans, I prefer the much tougher rule wherein each player is only dealt enough cards to bring their hand back up to 8 cards.

I got off to a fast start, speeding to six towns on my very first turn. However, I wound up stuck in the desert on the next turn and only managed to visit five more cities. Jim, who started off slow with only four cities on his first turn, sprinkled some elfen dust on his boots and raced to nine more towns on turn 2! Tabea also did well, visiting seven cities, bringing her total to 12 cities in two rounds, just one behind Jim. We managed to stifle Jim a bit on the final round, but it wasn't enough to prevent him from visiting all of his cities AND ending in his home town. This game him the victory over Tabea and I.

Round-by-round scores:

Jim: 4 + 9 + 5 + 2 = 20
Tabea: 5 + 7 + 4 + 3 = 19 (1 card remaining)
Greg: 6 + 4 + 5 + 4 = 19 (0 cards remaining)
Dave: 4 + 5 + 5 + 4 = 18
Willerd: 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 17

Ratings: Dave 9, Jim 8.5, Greg 8, Greg 8, Willerd 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.