Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kirkman
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what games people are playing on this most Christmassy of days... And what loveliness you have been unwrapped

We started with the very festive Black Stories and will be having a go at Ticket to Ride: Europe in a little while

I hope you all have a merry celebration of whatever it is you are celebrating
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Burbach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played SnapShot, Riff Raff, and La Boca this evening. They were fairly easy to explain to a crowd of inebriated friends and family. Hopefully we'll play something more strategic tomorrow.

Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoebe Wild
Australia
South Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
Cardboard Vault Reviews!
badge
mbmbmb
So far, I've played Glass Road with dad, Nothing Personal with mum and dad, Balloon Cup with mum, and then attempted to learn Madeira with mum. Holy cow, that's a game with a lot of rules and random stuff to memorise. We did a run through of the rules but by then were too exhausted to actually play it...

Hopefully there'll be a take two later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
Go Lizards, Go Hogs, Go Illini; and the Army keeps rolling along!
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave the boys Quarto and Settlers as gifts, so those will make it to the gaming table before the day is done. (Right now though, little trains are running amok in our living room...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toms Leikums
Latvia
Jelgava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will have holiday gaming night today.
But yesterday Theseus: The Dark Orbit and Twilight Struggle was played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Stephenson
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 7 Wonders at my gf's chistmas eve gathering. Only 4 of us played but it was great to see the other relatives hovering and being curious how it worked. It lead to a real interesting discussion on how games have changed over the years from generation to generation.

More family fun today! Likely will be playing Clubs and Dixit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Probably won't get any gaming in today, as I'll be seeing my family after Christmas dinner, and they're muggles. But I'll take my new copy of The Resistance: Avalon and hope...

But I don;t mind, because I got several games in yesterday with my wife. We tried Famiglia for the first time, and dug out our old favourite Carcassonne, and finished off with Ra, which is still fairly new to us: this was the first time we'd tried it 2-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No games, plenty of family fights, food and not much fun...par for the course with my in-laws. shake

Kids, of course, have fun times getting together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far this week we've played:
Gemblo Red Stone - without the actual Red Stone special rules.
Sushi Go!
Hey, That's My Fish! with my sister-in-law
Hive - my wife taught her mother this one this week.

Hopefully we'll also be able to get in some games of Takenoko (Christmas gift for my wife this year), Ticket to Ride, and maybe even Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Mayer
Austria
Bad Gastein
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My whole family is as usual together for the holidays

We played tons of Lords of Waterdeep, Takenoko, some Euphoria, Alhambra, King of Tokyo and Alhambra. We will probably play some more Alhambra and a round or two of Seasons in the newx days. Maybe Ill get them to play Pandemic or Ghost Stories for a Coop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got BattleLore (Second Edition) for Christmas. Minis are assembled, cards are sleeved, tokens are punched and directions are read. Looking forward to having this one on the table with my kids this evening...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
I gave my girlfriend Evolution: The Origin of Species for christmas and we played a short round after the family left.

That's it, really, there wasn't much time to play anything else. I'm looking forward to playing Race to Adventure: The Spirit of the Century Exploration Game, but that might have to wait until the new year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cruces
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo D-Day Dice (gift today)
Lost Cities
Civ V and Civ IV BTS on computer
Chess

Plan on buying Son of York and Flying Colors. I am also picking up 3 expansions for D-Day Dice. I liked it that much. Need to make sure I become a 2013 Geek Supporter as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kirkman
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to squeeze in 2 games of Pointless: The Board Game with the muffles last night. Enjoyed it a bit but the execution doesn't sit we'll with me. Think its trying too hard to recreate the show format. Which just means you end up with people sitting around bored when they get knocked out (really poor mechanic for a board game in my eyes, and also the main reason i hate playing Risk and Monopoly!) we resorted to just asking the questions and giving up on the board, but that wasn't very fulfilling either :S
I am currently missing a game of Mage Knight Board Game watching my little person ho hum there will be other opportunities no doubt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom D.
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played King of Tokyo (x2), then followed that up with a round of Love Letter. After Love Letter people were coming and going so we threw in a few rounds of No Thanks! while we waited for things to settle. After No Thanks! we had a few who felt like playing a game of Alhambra, so we did that. Then we had the family dinner where no games were played because, my gosh, there were like 50 of us there. After the dinner however, a few came back to my house and we played a game of Ikusa. Good times had by all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Got meself some Dominion finally. That was sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ser Redtusk
United States
Buhl
Idaho
flag msg tools
We got all the couples in the family copies of Tenzi, so there was a lot of dice banging around on christmas and the day after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.