6 Posts

Race for the Galaxy» Forums » General

Subject: quality of cards - severe warping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ultimate Noober
msg tools
Hi guys,

Opened up my box for the first time in a while and some of my cards are showing some extreme curling. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is this a problem with this game as don't seem to have any issues with my other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange that didnt happen to your other games. It sounds like a moisture issue. I would try sleeving them in high quality sleeves and packing them tightly in a deck box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultimate Noober
msg tools
They're sleeved in Mayday sleeves, think I might have to buy some silica gel for my game boxes. I'm quite new to board gaming so it's a bit of an eye opener to see this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm. I have a full set (first Arc) game sleeved (DragonShield, I think, but I'm not sure). I bought all of those right when each set came out.

I have a second set (unsleeved) I bought around the time of the second expansion (to teach to new players). I just mixed in my Alien Artifacts cards with them. The difference in wear is discernable, but I didn't notice any warping.

I'm in a low humidity environment, that may be a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
Strange that didnt happen to your other games. It sounds like a moisture issue. I would try sleeving them in high quality sleeves and packing them tightly in a deck box.
This^ also... alternate the cards like so: ()()()()()

that way the springiness of the cards will act to flatten themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quazi Kenshin
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
OPACY
badge
{^,^} meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Paper products react to severe changes in humidity.

You just have to "condition" the cards by pressing them flat and placing a heavy weight on them overnight in your gaming area. Makes sure everything is flat and level— you don't want to emboss your cards by pressing something into them!

The sleeves might make things slide around a bit, but you should be okay.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.