Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some newbie questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've drawn 2 free cards, then I pay 1 additional life point to draw another card. Now my sum of attack value is 1 but the hazard card requires attack value of 2. So I lost 1 life.

My question is, since I've spent 1 life point and deducted another 1 life point after losing against the hazard, am I considered has 2 life points to spend on destroying unwanted cards? Maybe 1 aging card or 2 normal cards?

Another similar question is, let say after I drawn that addiotional card then I win against the hazard. In this case, can I still treat that 1 life point which I have spent to draw additional card to destroy an unwanted card?

Next, is 1xdestroy card's ability optional or I must activate its ability where I have to destroy one of my face up card?

When we sum up the attack value, is it possible to have negative value? Or minimum is 0 only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
I've drawn 2 free cards, then I pay 1 additional life point to draw another card. Now my sum of attack value is 1 but the hazard card requires attack value of 2. So I lost 1 life.

My question is, since I've spent 1 life point and deducted another 1 life point after losing against the hazard, am I considered has 2 life points to spend on destroying unwanted cards? Maybe 1 aging card or 2 normal cards?

Another similar question is, let say after I drawn that addiotional card then I win against the hazard. In this case, can I still treat that 1 life point which I have spent to draw additional card to destroy an unwanted card?

Next, is 1xdestroy card's ability optional or I must activate its ability where I have to destroy one of my face up card?

When we sum up the attack value, is it possible to have negative value? Or minimum is 0 only?

No.

Life spent for drawing a card cannot be used to destroy unwanted cards. The same applies to aging cards that reduce your life points -> it's an effect and those lost life points cannot be used to destroy unwanted cards in aftermath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What about the other 2 questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
What about the other 2 questions?

Card's special actions are always optional.

And yes, you can have a negative total fight value.

Good luck with the game. It's awesome!

Mo. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bunyan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No fighting card power's use is mandatory, so you don't have to destroy a card.

Fighting strength can be negative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But aging card is mandatory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So 1xdestroy is actually a good card because you can use its ability to destroy weak card? But why does the rulebook said it isnt helpful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
So 1xdestroy is actually a good card because you can use its ability to destroy weak card? But why does the rulebook said it isnt helpful?

The rules actually say that not all the cards are useful (hence a "1xdestroy" can destroy them).

All the cards that you acquire after defeating a hazard card are useful. I never had to destroy such card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
birdkingz wrote:

The rules actually say that not all the cards are useful (hence a "1xdestroy" can destroy them).

All the cards that you acquire after defeating a hazard card are useful. I never had to destroy such card.

Guess that I've misunderstood what the rulebook trying to say.
Thanks and hopefully I'm able to win my first game soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have another question:

Let say I drawn a hazard and I'm allowed to draw 2 free cards.

Let say one of the free cards has the ability of +1 life.
My question is can I activate the ability first (by adding 1 life) then only spend 1 life to draw another card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
After drawing each fighting card you can always decide to use the special ability of any drawn faceup
fighting card (regardless of left or right cards) in any order you like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.