Conquest of Paradise» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 various and "1/2 " rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diego Desmond
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the others post, but playing now a solo game 3 players, i still continue to have certain doubts...

1) During the exploration, after drawing an Off Course marker, how many 2-knot markers have i to place? ?????

1a. two, in the hex i wanted to explore, and other one in the hex where the player at my left moved me in..

2a. ..or one, only in the hex were i was moved to? if so, can i move again backward to explore the first hex?

after:
2) a canoes chain is meant only as chain linking two Island Group Tiles? It starts from an Island Group Tile, but the other end of the chain can be the open ocean?

3) last, cornier.
: colonies can't be carried by war caones, right?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The only time an off course marker will cause a 2 knot marker, to be placed, is if there are no unexplored hexes around the ship. In that case the ship stays in the same hex and takes a 2 knot marker.

2. A transit canoe chain has to start at an island, but does not have to go to another island. In a game not too long ago I built a chain that looked like is was going to an atoll I had revealed earlier and used it to invade another players island.

3. I think you can move a colony with a war canoe, but why would you do that? If you what to take a colony into a battle hex put it on a transport canoe. If you win the battle that transport canoe can be flipped over which might let you connect this island to your transit chain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Desmond
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hhhmmm.. i'm not sure that the only one case of taking a 2-knot chit is when the canoe has so room around..

Having read a previous post i was quite sure about it.. but it left me doubts..

About colony, instead, when a a war conoe of mine is headin to a my far Island group tile, it would be good, an advantage to be able carry it, because i have not need tu use a transport canoe, if i haven't any to use straightaway ; having, so, preference for defending then a ready connection. ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Desmond
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hhmmm.. maybe you are right, Srob, i read again the rulebook..
difficulties with the language..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the answers, Robert! 1 and 2 are correct, 3 not so much:

1. In the rules, see the last three paragraphs under Discovery (page 4), which explain how Off Course Markers are handled. The ONLY mention of the 2-Knot Marker is in the last paragraph, where it says: "However, if you've drawn an Off Course Marker when your Explorer is in a hex with no Unknown hexes adjacent to it, then the Explorer stays where it is. Place an Explored Hex 2-Knot Marker as a penalty." I think this is pretty clear.

2. There are no limitation to where a Transport Canoe Chain can go or where it must end. In the rules, see the second paragraph under Transit (page 5), where it says: "A Transport Canoe Chain is simply a line of face up Transport Canoes, with one Canoe in every hex..."

3. War Canoes can not cary a Colony. (They would never reduce themselves to having chickens and taro plants and women on board! ) In the rules, see under Canoe Carrying Capacity on page 6: "Transport Canoes can carry one Warrior Band or one Colony with them as they move. War Canoes can carry one Warrior Band."

Hope this helps!

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about getting question 3 wrong. That's what happens when I try to answer a question, from memory, when I haven't played CoP for several months. Maybe I can fix that problem this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as you pointed out, it's a situation that should really never come up. I had to check the rules myself, to make sure that I was remembering it right!

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Desmond
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you, to everybody.
We Played a three times, and.. after, a couple of friends, ready to add themseves to P500 for CoP. Enjoyed, don't you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.