Subject: TCM first impressions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So have played mission 1 and 2 at this point. My impressions after mission 1 was that the upgraded equipment makes the game easier, we won after going all red with only one wound taken and healed.

However in mission 2 a runner activation took out two survivors after going red. We were moving 4 people down towards the end and the two deaths stalled crowd control. With only four left we were eventually overrun by extra activations as we could no longer manage zombie population. Lost with one move away from abomination.

Impression is that new items make for more powerful characters but random spawns can still get you especially on a map where managing zombies build up is difficult. Great time playing though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hiakeem wrote:
So have played mission 1 and 2 at this point. My impressions after mission 1 was that the upgraded equipment makes the game easier, we won after going all red with only one wound taken and healed.

Well, one still has to search for equipment, so the chances of finding the new, better equipment depends on the size and composition of the equipment deck, as well as your play style in terms of the amount of searching you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
hiakeem wrote:

Well, one still has to search for equipment, so the chances of finding the new, better equipment depends on the size and composition of the equipment deck, as well as your play style in terms of the amount of searching you do.

Used full decks from season 1 and TCM.

We played the military base downloaded mission with full decks again but no toxic zombies (primer is drying) instead had zombie dogs and dog companions. 6 survivors 3 players with 3 companions spread evenly. Dog companions made things easier, zombie dogs were never really an issue. Had stashed ultra red weapons in police car. Went red with most characters.

Did early open doors still on blue for first 4 buildings, with this strategy, better weapons in deck and dogs this mission was really a breeze.

I may shuffle in dogs or make players roll 5 or 6 to start with them. Or adjust the spawn desk to up the difficulty. Also considering limiting searches, or randomly reduce weapons in deck. Take out all weapons, split in half, shuffle rest of cards back in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.