Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having trouble totally deciphering 8.5.1

(considering single player)
Say my target is currently Philippines, with one cell there.
Ops 3 to use for plotting.

Does the single cell there go Active then allow three rolls for three plots placed (max) on the country?

Or does that single cell allow ONE roll, and then the other rolls must go elsewhere?

Basically, is a cell enabling one single roll, or enabling all rolls inside a country?

I'm playing this time as the former - that each cell present, turns active if not already, and allows one roll. After that, if you want more plots in that country, you need another cell you didn't plot with yet this action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and (as just occurred)... what if you roll but fail the roll, can you "roll again" for that very same cell?

I think that the spirit is that all rolls are to be chosen first then rolled (of course I find myself rolling one by one sometimes) -- this approach would say that NO, a failed roll is a failed roll and you do not shift a roll back to the just-failed cell. But I'm not 100% sure. Again, asking from the POV of solitaire if that makes a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Cell = 1 Roll

Ops are used to determine how many rolls you can make (contingent on the number of cells present in a country or countries), and the strength of the plot. You may not reroll even if you played 2OPs card and had only 1 cell on the whole board.

For example if you have 1 cell in Egypt and 2 cells in Afghanistan, and you used 3 OPs cards, all 3 cells could be made active and you would be able to make 3 rolls (one for each cell).

Ops strength of the card would tell you how strong the plots may be in case of success. Continuing our example, if all 3 rolls were hit, you would be able to place 3 plots of strength 3 or less in any of those locations, but no more than 2 in Afghan and 1 in Egypt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Op lets you activate one cell with which you roll for one plot attempt. You cannot activate any cell twice with one card.

In addition, before rolling for any attempts, you must announce where all of the attempts are to take place, activating one cell for each. For each attempt, you can choose a cell that is already active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.