Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is the determination card that allows a Pilot Critical Hit card to be immediately discarded. Does this supersede the damage card that says to ignore any special attribute card effects?

Also, for this special attribute card, it seems like you basically get to save a life when critically hit if the critically hit card refers to pilot damage, is that right? It seems like a pretty powerful card then as not only do you save get to remove a damage card, you also get to remove its affect!

For the Imperial ship that does not allow attack dice to be rerolled, that means it is pointless targeting it, right? Again, that seems like a pretty nice attribute as well!

Thanks again for the help, just got the game today for Christmas!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
So there is the determination card that allows a Pilot Critical Hit card to be immediately discarded. Does this supersede the damage card that says to ignore any special attribute card effects?

Also, for this special attribute card, it seems like you basically get to save a life when critically hit if the critically hit card refers to pilot damage, is that right? It seems like a pretty powerful card then as not only do you save get to remove a damage card, you also get to remove its affect!

For the Imperial ship that does not allow attack dice to be rerolled, that means it is pointless targeting it, right? Again, that seems like a pretty nice attribute as well!

Thanks again for the help, just got the game today for Christmas!!

Correct. Any "Pilot" critical hit is immediately discarded without effect. So he is effectively immune to about one third of all critical hits in the deck.

As an imperial it is one of my more commonly used "Oh, I just have a point to spare" upgrades, but most of the times that elite talent slot can be better used since it only rarely comes into effect.

Especially since the dice gods hate this upgrade and will only ever give you "Ship" criticals for the ships who have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lando
msg tools
Determination is best used on regernation Skywalker IMO. Super hard to kill. If you concentrate on him, the other stuff in the list chews you to pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nimdabew wrote:
Determination is best used on regernation Skywalker IMO. Super hard to kill. If you concentrate on him, the other stuff in the list chews you to pieces.

I use Determination on any pilot who's pilot ability is very important to my list's functioning. For example, I have a list that uses Lando to allow a Y-Wing to effectively use a Blaster Turret - so I give Lando Determination just to avoid the frustration of getting "Wounded Pilot" and watching it all unravel. Is that probable? No. But it happened once and was very frustrating, so I choose not to risk it again.

And to the OP: Yes, there is indeed little point to Target Locking Dark Curse, unless you want to fire missiles or torpedoes at him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:

If the damage card has the pilot attribute, you can immediately discard it. It is not activated, thus its effect does not matter.

Quote:

Correct. Note that the ability only works with critical hits. Normal hits are applied as normal.

Quote:

Yes, this is a really strong pilot on defense against rebels. He has a low attack value, though. You cannot make use of a target lock for rerolls, but you can of course try to hit him with missiles, for which you need a TL (except if you have the deadeye skill).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the awesome responses!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.