United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded to BGG and also linked below a free Print-and-Play combat demo for Spearpoint 1943 Eastern Front. Enjoy! And Happy Holidays!

Download the PDF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this post while I was on Xmas road trip. Now I'm back at home I printed out a couple 3 copies ('cause 1 on 1, that T34 with the short gun won't last too long vs Mr Tiger). Just have to wait for the glue to dry. If I can get some decent pix I will post them.

PnP cut out:

I did 3 sheets all told:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! How'd the combat go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the demo/download provide rules for those who are not familiar with the series?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Does the demo/download provide rules for those who are not familiar with the series?

I just watched the YouTube video and that should be all you need; well, that and some d10-0d10-1.

EDIT: Oh yah, you have to remember that on your to hit roll special circumstances apply. On a 2 or 3, friendly fire, one of your own units is hit. On an 18 you double the intensity (damage) roll, and 19-20 kills the target. I did have to read the rules to learn that, it's not in the video. It probably should be in the video, since the Soviets are toast without it (probably toast WITH it, but still).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:
Ashitaka wrote:

I just watched the YouTube video and that should be all you need; well, that and some d10-0d10-1.

EDIT: Oh yah, you have to remember that on your to hit roll an 18 doubles the intensity (damage) roll, and 19-20 kills the target. I did have to read the rules to learn that, it's not in the video. It probably should be in the video, since the Soviets are toast without it (probably toast WITH it, but still).

Right- you kind of need the rules from the original to really get all the specifics- which are linked from within the PDF. The video touches on things but doesn't go into every detail so isn't quite enough.

Planning a more extensive video treatment of combat specifically, but for the 5-min turn overview, it just got to be too lengthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.