Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adjacent to a keep owned by another player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Hi, if during the day I am adjacentto a keep owned by an enemy, can I see the defenders?

in conquer and hold depending on the day or night (1,2,3) we can have 1,2,3 defenders and I wondered if they were visible during the day when adjacent...

Another doubt, if I get in and attack the enemy keep unsuccesfuly... When I try again, shall I face the remaining tokens or draw again 3 new ones ( I guess the second is correct).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lcanela wrote:
Hi, if during the day I am adjacentto a keep owned by an enemy, can I see the defenders?

No. The defenders aren't drawn until you initiate PvP by moving onto the tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
lcanela wrote:

No. The defenders aren't drawn until you initiate PvP by moving onto the tower.

Swap 'PvP' with 'combat' and you would be correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you mean by '1,2,3 defenders'. There's always only one grey enemy token drawn when attacking another player's keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by '1,2,3 defenders'. There's always only one grey enemy token drawn when attacking another player's keep.

The OP is talking about the scenario Conquer and Hold. In Day/Night 3, you face three grey/purple random enemies when assaulting a keep/tower owned by your opponent when the player is not in it.

I think the Scenario Description is clear enough by itself. You draw those enemies tokens only when entering it, as you draw in a Spawning Ground. If you do not defeat them completely, as per the description, you are requested to draw the same amount of (new) enemies if you assault it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Wootsick
United States
ZEBULON
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about if you're opponent is next to your Tower with you in it?

I'm assuming he may move to the Tower and engage in pvp but even if he is successful, he cannot claim the Tower without fulfilling the requirements which is drawing the purple enemy(s), right?

So if he wins the pvp, he still must withdraw, right? If so, he ends his turn there so is this withdraw or forced withdrawal?

Or does he claim the Tower just by winning the pvp? Which seems lame. As I see it, it should clearly unwise to assault an enemy Tower with the opponent in it, resulting in the above results (withdraw). Or, since he's essentially entering your Tower - facing you + purple enemies.

How is this not addressed in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diesel2sour wrote:
What about if you're opponent is next to your Tower with you in it?

I'm assuming he may move to the Tower and engage in pvp but even if he is successful, he cannot claim the Tower without fulfilling the requirements which is drawing the purple enemy(s), right?

So if he wins the pvp, he still must withdraw, right? If so, he ends his turn there so is this withdraw or forced withdrawal?

Or does he claim the Tower just by winning the pvp? Which seems lame. As I see it, it should clearly unwise to assault an enemy Tower with the opponent in it, resulting in the above results (withdraw). Or, since he's essentially entering your Tower - facing you + purple enemies.

How is this not addressed in the rules?

Page 7, “Combat with Enemies”, point 1a:

Quote:
• Also, entering a space with a keep belonging to another player counts as assault and you lose 1 Reputation. If the other player is present in the keep, you start Player vs. Player combat. If not, a random gray enemy token is drawn as garrison of the keep (worth half Fame).

(Mage towers work similar to keeps in Conquer and Hold.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Wootsick
United States
ZEBULON
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That didn't really answer my question though. In conquer and hold, entering an enemy tower results in drawing purples enemy(s). But a hero is also present there.

The rule you quoted I know and understand, but it doesn't fully apply to C&H.

So what happens if he wins the PvP? Does he take the tower? I assume not because he didn't fulfill the requirement in C&H which is drawing enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing in Conquer and Hold that says assaulting a keep works any differently than other competitive scenarios, save for the number of defending tokens drawn when the other player is not present in the keep. If the other player is present, you do Player versus Player combat instead of Combat with Enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.