Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike McKinley
United States
San Jacinito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke off one of the pegs on the bottom of a shipyuk. Has anyone any ideas on how fix this with out damage to the ship?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1/8in drillbit, drill 90% of the way through the ship from the bottom where the peg used to be. Cut off the bottom of one of the regular stand pegs and superglue it up in there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McKinley
United States
San Jacinito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks I will give that a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
another good option is the small zip ties. the square head, where you would pull the tie through, to be more specific. You can cut that piece off and glue it to the bottom of the ship and it fits perfectly on the peg tops. I have been using them to convert Tactics models over to Attack Wing bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replacing the peg with another clear one looks MUCH better than a square zip tie head glued to the bottom. Even if it's cut too long like I have on one of mine it still looks like it should be there.

Myself, I use a pin vise to remove most of the dead peg, then cut & file to a rounded point another peg. I've replaced several this way, including 2 Heroclix Tactics 1 D7/K'T'Inga class (they look much better than the STAW ones) and my B'Rel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where you can get replacement pegs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Tricorder wrote:

If you just need clear ones I'd gladly ship you some of the base pegs. If you mean the little diamond shaped quarter peg that comes glued to the bottom of the ship - I'd start a replacement request from WizKids' site. (assuming it broke off or something)

I have at least one of every ship and I know I'll never field them all. I also have 4 of each color of ship bases (OP3 stuff) and a few of the flagship ones. So I have lots of the clear ones as spares. I just use them to convert cloaked heroclix ships over to attack wing bases and hand them out at the tourneys I organize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Tricorder wrote:

Ever since I came up with the tie wrap solution before the game came out, I've been looking for a better method.

I have used the method where you cut a spare clear peg and glue in the female end; however this fit is so tight, it can lead to problems with removing the ship from the peg (ie, can pull the glued in peg out of the ship).

The only other solution I've been able to come up with is to order some clear tubing from Plastruct. I think this is the one to get:
http://www.plastruct.com/pages/OnlineProductDetail.lasso?-op...

The tubing itself is cheap, but you have to place a minimum order of $20 and pay $9 for shipping. I've looked for it on ebay or in hobby stores but nobody seems to sell the clear, so I haven't ordered any yet to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyd76 wrote:
Mr_Tricorder wrote:

If you just need clear ones I'd gladly ship you some of the base pegs. If you mean the little diamond shaped quarter peg that comes glued to the bottom of the ship - I'd start a replacement request from WizKids' site. (assuming it broke off or something)

I have at least one of every ship and I know I'll never field them all. I also have 4 of each color of ship bases (OP3 stuff) and a few of the flagship ones. So I have lots of the clear ones as spares. I just use them to convert cloaked heroclix ships over to attack wing bases and hand them out at the tourneys I organize.

I'm just talking about the clear base pegs. I don't need any yet, but I've noticed some cracks forming on some of the female ends of the pegs. I think it would be a good idea to have some spare pegs, but I haven't found any place that sells them by themselves or with extra bases.

Also, one of my friends accidentally cracked the peg coming out of the bottom of my Enterprise-D (he didn't realize that it wasn't a circular joint and twisted the model on the peg). He coated it with clear epoxy so it wouldn't get any worse, and that seems to hold up pretty well except for being a little loose. The blue pegs from the OP3 participation prize seem to fit it pretty snugly though. All of my colored pegs seem to be a tighter fit than the clear ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.