Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Breeding Site says "including this one" while other bases, like Fortress Oblivion, do not have this text. Am I to understand that, for example, Fortress Oblivion's ability does not trigger if it is the only base I played this turn?

The basic rule of the game is a card's primary ability triggers when the card is played. These "when a base is played" abilities seem to be an exception... except when they're not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito Gesualdi
msg tools
mbmb
Two important things Peter:

1. The reminder text was accidentally left off of Fortress Oblivion, though it functions similarly to the rest of the cycle. So long as a base has been played this turn, you may activate its primary ability.

2. Only ships have their primary ability triggered when they are played. The primary ability of a base can be activated at any time during the turn.

- Vito Gesualdi, Star Realms Community Manager
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so just to be clear...

Any base which has the text "when a base is played this turn" is meant to also say "(including this one)".

Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this question ever resolved (perhaps on another thread)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
My copy of Fortress Oblivion includes "(including this one)". So I guess that this text should be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.