4 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: use stat bonus and special ability on the same card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
I haven't been able to find an answer to this:

If I have a card that gives +1 to strength and gives one re roll on a strength check, can I use both of those bonuses during the same encounter? Or can you only use 1 bonus per card per encounter?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use both. Just like how you can use both abilities on Personal Assistant. The only bonus constraint rule is that if two cards give you a bonus (meaning +X) to the same stat, you can only use the higher bonus. However any other abilities maybe used.

Is there a particular reason you thought that couldn't happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
Yes, but not a good one

I just play other card based games where you have to select one option from a card's text, and cannot use all options for a single check.

So I am just wanted to double check, and not make things more difficult for myself because of how my brain currently works.

Thanks so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GFWD wrote:
Yes, but not a good one

I just play other card based games where you have to select one option from a card's text, and cannot use all options for a single check.

So I am just wanted to double check, and not make things more difficult for myself because of how my brain currently works.

Thanks so much
Usually, the easiest path is to take things in the game at face value and avoid "over-thinking" them. Cards with multiple benefits usually provide you with the constraints for their use (e.g. in Combat Encounters) those are usually the only constraints that you need to apply.

Somebody will now point out that the rules also apply constraints, but hopefully you are there already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.