Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules you can't target Flying creatures with basic strikes if there are non-flying opposing creatures on the battlefield, which makes sense? What about magical and special melee strikes? Can you target Flyers with those even if there are non-flyers on the battlefield?

Seems like you can with the way the rules are written, but I want to make sure that isn't a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played yet, unfortunately...but that's what I took from it.
Only basic strikes are a non-no, until there are only flyers left to target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
I haven't played yet, unfortunately...but that's what I took from it.
Only basic strikes are a non-no, until there are only flyers left to target.

Yeah, rules as written it's perfectly legal to target flyers with magical and special melee strikes, but I want to make sure they didn't mean "melee" strikes instead of "basic" strikes.

It just seems a bit odd to have my Elf Spellslinger's ability trigger from an adjacent enemy becoming exhausted and then he whacks some flyer in the face with his magical strike...lol, but as written that seems to be exactly how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis andreychikov
msg tools
Correct is that you can't target flying creature with melee attack. Only range attacks.
The rules will be corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreychikovd wrote:
Correct is that you can't target flying creature with melee attack. Only range attacks.
The rules will be corrected.

Ok, that clears that up. I had a feeling it might be an error in the rules, which is why I asked. Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so what happens if i play orcs for example, and i have only melee striking units on the battlefield???? is it an auto-loss for me because i cannot target the flying creatures with melee attacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the rulebook really needs to be rewritten....it is one of the worst i have ever seen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
varagghoul wrote:
so what happens if i play orcs for example, and i have only melee striking units on the battlefield???? is it an auto-loss for me because i cannot target the flying creatures with melee attacks?

In original game after you defeat every ground creature of your opponent all your creatures gain ability: [tap]next turn this creature can target flying creature with first normal attack.
I believe there should be something similar in this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Anton,
there is something similar in the rulebook indeed but in a previous answer in the same spot, the designer of the game mentioned that he will change the rule regarding flying creatures so that only range attacks can hit them...have a look at the answers posted above and tell me your opinion please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
I belieive they were discussing some other ambiguous excerpt from rules. Something like "Until you defeat every ground unit, you can not attack flying creaters neither with basic strike nor magic or special strikes".

PS Also if some ability or spell have range it means they can not target flying creaters as well. Dunno if it is in english rules or no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot target flying creatures with melee attacks as long as your opponent has non-flying creatures on the battlefield. Once you have killed all of your opponents non-flying creatures, you can target their flyers with melee strikes freely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.