Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Fuhrer
United States
Ilion
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of each type of ship should I buy to have a good amount of options when building a squad? I currently have:
3 X-Wings
4 Tie Fighters
2 Advanced Ties
2 Y-Wings
1 Tie Interceptor
1 A-Wing
1 Slave 1
1 Falcon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woodworth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 or 2 of each, with 1 of each large ship is pretty good.

But if you want the most options you'll need...

4 of each Rebel fighter, X, Y, A, B. 1 HWK-290 is enough.
4 Interceptor, and Bomber. 1 Advanced is plenty, but 8 Tie Fighters lets you run the 8 tie swarm.

1 each of the Large ships, YT, Firespray and Lambada.

So it really depends on how much you want to spend.

As a rule of thumb, other then Tie Fighters 4 is the most you want of the fighters. Expect for HWK-290's and Tie Advanced.

Also the Imperial Aces pack is coming out sometime in Feb or March, so I wouldn't get more then 1 more Interceptor and then get the Imp Ace pack for the other 2 Interceptors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this for competitive play or just casual fun with friends play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're about to learn that there are lots of opinions!

Assuming money was no object, my "Max useful numbers" list is:

4 X-Wings, B-Wings and TIE Bombers
5 Y-Wings and Interceptors (Y-Wings with R2 units are a surprisingly effective ship, and IMO survive better than A-Wings.)
8 TIE Fighters
2 HWKs
2 YTs
3 Slave 1s
1 Lambda

A-Wings should either be 2 (if you're going to use them as support ships) or 5 (if you want to run a list of just A-Wings, 5 Greens with Adrenaline Rush is not to be sneered at (of course, you end up needing to get a 5th copy of that somewhere for competitive play).

TIE Advanced is tricky. 1 gets you Vader, and having more is not a hugely competitive thing - but I like to run a couple as fire-support that's more manoeuvrable than a bomber. Unless you really like the ship, though, 1 is probably enough. And you've already got two, so you're good, unless you really want to run an all-TIE-Advanced list.

I'd say you've got a decent collection all ready; the biggest holes are 1 more X-Wing, at least 2 more TIEs (the 8 TIE swarm is effective, but challenging, and I have lots of fun flying 6 and 7 ship swarms), and Wave 3. Secondary would be to bump Y-Wings, Slave-1s and Interceptors up to being a full list on their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woodworth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vagabond Elf wrote:
4 X-Wings, B-Wings and TIE Bombers

The 6 Tie Bomber list can be pretty effective. No secondary weapons, but you have a swarm with more HP, but worse dial then the Tie Fighter swarm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for tournament play you might want a few more Push the Limit cards. One A Wing and an Imperial Aces pack would get you three, but if you want to try the Saber Swarm you need one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fuhrer
United States
Ilion
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Casual Play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.