Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For games like Nations, Mansions of Madness, etc... how are you storing the MINI sleeved/unsleeved cards? For Standard size cards there are 100's of solutions from Deck Boxes, to Card Storage boxes, etc... But I'm referring to the smaller game board cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
The box that Dragon shields come in fit them perfectly sideways. There is room on top for extra bits or you can trim the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the sleeved cards in plastic bags to keep them from scattering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the same solution as Terry but a friend buys card boxes for those. They really exist in all sizes. I could ask him where he gets them but as we're in Germany it wouldn't be that helpful for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Crane
United States
Sherman Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I go here http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/

Measure the stack of cards, put it in, print out the tuckbox on cardstock, cut, fold, and either glue or secure with 2-sided tape. I usually add 1mm to each measurement for clearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I stored cards for first edition Red November in an Altoids tin unsleeved. Perfect fit.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, from the replies, it seems as though there isn't a published product that is the solution for these. Another recent game, Eldritch Horror, could also benefit from small card storage. The more I think about my collection, the more I find this an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb

The inserts from Mr Craft are probably the best thing for you. The new Series 1 insert can be loaded out in a number of ways.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/152772/uk-based-card-stora...

There a good example of Arkham Horror (which has large and small cards) in the following list -

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/165586/mr-craft-examples-o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would look at really useful boxes. look here http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/ They come in a variety of sizes, stack well, are good size for boxes, are flush inside (no slants, indentations for pieces to get wedged in. I use them for different game bits, cards that are sleeved and unsleeved.

I immediately thought of them when you asked this question. Usually you can pick them up at your local office supply store like Office Depot, I've found them at hardware stores in Europe.

I store my mini cards with x-wings in a small tackle box with my ship tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a deck box with the card turned sideways. They fit perfect sleeved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A while back, I found Ultra Pro Side Loading deck boxes that held the mini cards great. They change um and now they don't work the same as they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is all the mini cards in Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island in Fantasy Flight Sleeves. In a Dragon Shield Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil McIntyre
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been looking for a decent mini american card box for a while. I wanted to find one I could use with Warrior Knights.

This box has eight compartments which should each hold mini american cards, albeit face up. What's more, this will fit snugly into the game box along with my existing storage box, which holds everything but the game cards. My existing box is from Home Bargains and only cost me 1.50GBP - it's a medium. Their boxes are great, I've even managed to fit Caverna into just two of them, which is no mean feat!

I'll look to see if I can find manufacturer details on the small box when it arrives, or anything that might help anyone overseas to locate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil McIntyre, you are my hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil McIntyre
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So my box arrived, and it's pretty good.

I've had to lay the cards on their side, and I'd say the box is maybe a couple of ml long, but it works. It pushes the base out by a tiny distance, but this is a small, square, box. With the lid replaced there is no sign off a bulge.

There is a sticker from the manufacturer. They stock a lot of handy storage boxes, but look like they only deal wholesale. Perhaps there's an enterprising Geek user out there....?

I'll post again when the expansion arrives to confirm that this fits too, just in case there are any other slightly anal Warrior Knights owners reading.

Ta-da!

It fits. Beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.