Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb

My son is very interested in Pokemon cards, but he only has about 25. What I need is a fellow geek to get us set up to play. We need a couple of hundred cards, Not concerned about rarity really, but it would be nice to have a good mix of everything you need to experience the game properly and be able to mix up a couple of decks to play with.

Anyone out there willing to help a geek dad out? Of course I'm willing to pay you for your cards and help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duffy Carter
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pokemon preconstructed decks are pretty decent and only about $7 if you can catch them on sale. There's also a Black & White two player starter set for not much more. That's where we went as a next step after my boys accumulated random cards through trading at school and birthday gifts from friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kohlman
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a girl (my niece) that lives down the street from that is very interested in Pokemon. She plays it all the time---in fact I took her today to go and get cards. Perhaps that is an avenue for you to explore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pierce
United States
salinas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That 2 player 'learn to play' starter set works fine. It's got some cool pokemon, and comes with 'two 30 card decks' which combine into one actual deck (it also comes with an extra booster pack and tokens)

The actual rules of the game call for each player to have a 60 card deck, but the truth of it is you can actually play fine with 30 card decks(and a little houseruling if you want to make it more interesting).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.