BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Chit-Chat Traffic 'Copter reporting in . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Be careful out there.

Are you sure that's not the set of next season's Walking Dead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
A lot of accidents on the turnpike today. I drove by one of the entrances and even that was backed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.

I've driven through there many times back when I used to do a lot of consulting work.

I notice that one of the trucks in the middle of the pile-up was a propane truck. Wonder how much the driver worried when he started to slide? If this was a hollywood scene and not reality, that would have turned out really different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfingers wrote:
I notice that one of the trucks in the middle of the pile-up was a propane truck. Wonder how much the driver worried when he started to slide? If this was a hollywood scene and not reality, that would have turned out really different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
What is that white stuff? Apparently, it creates havoc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
MWChapel wrote:

Those Casey Joneses need to watch their speed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This is from a few weeks back, northwest of Milwaukee. Traffic camera caught this pile-up in progress. Skip to about 5:00 to see one vehicle take a bad situation and make it much, much worse.

Jerks ruining it for everyone.

Thankfully, it was on a Sunday. It was crappy out. But, watching that vid some people drive like morons (stun). Clearly, the semi is stopped and visibility wasn't all that bad and you have a guy flying at least 50mph into the fray. Geez.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This is from a few weeks back, northwest of Milwaukee. Traffic camera caught this pile-up in progress. Skip to about 5:00 to see one vehicle take a bad situation and make it much, much worse.

Jerks ruining it for everyone.

Phew! I'm glad I live somewhere where snow isn't a problem. Oh...wait...

fastfingers wrote:

I used to work at a ski resort here in Utah. In the summer, work/service vehicles would use the cat tracks to head up the mountain for work or delivering stuff.

Earlier in the day, a propane truck delivered a load to one of the mid mountain restaurants. I was coming down one of the cat tracks in a work truck when I came upon the propane truck. It tried to take a sharp turn without doing 4 point turn. There was a big turn around spot on the track. The truck had partially gone off the edge. The front of the truck went off the road.

We had to have one of our front loaders come down the track and attach a tow chain to the truck to get it back on the road.

Needless to say, seeing a propane truck partially off the road was a bit of a pucker factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Wagner
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.