Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Watson
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an outpost sector capable of holding 3 outposts. It currently has 1 outpost. Can I use Self Replicating Drones when I build both outpost on top of the current outpost, or is it only good for 1 outpost per build?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
dwwatson wrote:
I have an outpost sector capable of holding 3 outposts. It currently has 1 outpost. Can I use Self Replicating Drones when I build both outpost on top of the current outpost, or is it only good for 1 outpost per build?

From the rules...

A player may use a Technology Card to gain an on-going bonus or ability

Again from the rules...

SELF-REPLICATING DRONES The cost to build an Outpost on top of one of your existing Outposts is reduced by 1 CAP. (i.e. building up to
Level 2 or 3).

So if I understand it correct, you can use the drones more than once per build. This means you get the discount for the second AND third outpost (and not only for one of them).

- Edit: Typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ingo is correct.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerad Clark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you find an empty outpost, and in the same move build your first outpost @ full cost, and then a 2nd/3rd outpost at the reduced rate?

Or does a first outpost have to exist from a previous action phase, in order to use this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get the discount immediately. So in either case above the discount works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerad Clark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, that's how I read the card, but another player read it the other way - hence the question.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.