Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Risk: the Walking Dead for $30.

Not a lot to choose from, did see these.....

Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride Europe
Settlers of Catan
Risk Halo
Risk Legacy
Apples to Apples

Got mine in Davenport, Iowa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
How long is the sale for? Is it 50% off list price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Mackler
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The store in Spokane Valley Mall in Washington had two copies of Castles of Burgundy for $20 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, 50% off list price. This will last until the store is completely sold out of everything. It may drop to 75%, but not until mid January.

Silverdale WA store is essentially cleaned out. At noon today, there was one Risk Legacy left for $30, some D&D Clue for $20, but allllll of the rest of the strategy game shelves were a barren wasteland.

Some Walking Dead games remain. Pentago, some backgammon sets, a few odds and ends, but not worth the trip. Left emptyhanded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to those that found anything worthwhile. Everything was already "gone" at my local Go! Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tysons Corner mall in VA had a few decent titles, but nothing that interested me. I was hoping for Ticket to Ride or Settlers 5-6 Player Extension, but both were OOS.

As of around noon today, they had:

Settlers of Catan (only the original base game)
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
Axis and Allies (didn't pay attention to edition)
Dominion

and several others that aren't standing out in my memory right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lx____ wrote:
Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News, VA as of 8:00 PM:
1x Ticket to Ride: Europe
?x (at least 2) Escape: The Curse of the Temple
2x The Castles of Burgundy
1x Dominion
1x Lord of the Rings
2x Catan: Traders & Barbarians
1x The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
2x Asara
+ a few 5-6 player Catan expansions, a few copies of Munchkin (not sure of which ones), and possibly some other stuff I either missed or forgot about.

What? Another gamer in Newport News, Va?

Yeah, interestingly The Castle of Burgundy was 30% off before Christmas, they removed the stickers, now 50%. First time I have seen a pre Christmas discount from this temp store. They had one copy of FireFly, so wanted it, and one second edition of Pandemic about a week and half before Christmas. I only saw that one copy of Ticket to Ride Europe, they had a bunch last year. They just didn't get a lot of dupicate copies in like last year or much of anything new. Last year they had plenty of games before and after.

On another quest...
Went to the Barnes and Noble Red Dot sale, 50% off, do not bother at the Hampton store, a few themed Monopoly games, 3-4 yahtzee games, not sure about the Patrick Henry B&N up the road from the Hampton store. Was so hoping Trajan would be on sale, but no joy.

Except for that sweet price/cheap shipping on Bora Bora from CoolStuffInc, it has been pretty much a bust and lame experience this year picking anything up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The store at the Supermall in Auburn, WA had 4 or so The Castles of Burgundy for $20. I bought the last Escape: The Curse of the Temple for $25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I went to the Go! kiosk in the center of Hulen Mall in SW Fort Worth on Friday. All they had this year were (50% off) calendars. I asked the employee where were the boardgames they sell every holiday season. He said I was about the 50th person to ask him that. He told me the company decided this year to only sell calendars in Hulen Mall, as Toys R Us had moved into a "regular" store slot nearby and Go! management felt selling boardgames wasn't worth the trouble. He did add the Go! kiosk in Ridgmar Mall did have games as well as calendars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back from the Birch Run store in MI and the only thing they had worth mentioning is a copy of Firefly: The Game and a bunch of Carcasone expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris X

Texas
msg tools
Do they go 75% off at some point? Might be worth checking then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slackercs wrote:
Do they go 75% off at some point? Might be worth checking then.

They didn't last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Speckhart
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Goodbye Mr. Burton
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of days ago I was at the one in Orlando Premium Outlets and they had Firefly: The Game for 50% off if anyone's interested!

The one on Vineland Ave, link below

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to windward mall in Kaneohe, and they had also boxed up and cleared the shelves where the stategy games were. The only thing I found were:

Timeline: Inventions MSRP $16.99
Axis & Allies: WWI 1914 MSRP $89.99
Liar's Dice MSRP $7.99
Say Anything Didn't check the price as I already own it.

Everything else was too bad to list. So I left empty handed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Compton
United States
Boiling Springs
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Mage Knight for 50% off. They still had one left, about 4 Dominions, 4 or so some other Euro game I can't recall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Couch
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
Wargamer777 wrote:
Picked up Mage Knight for 50% off. They still had one left, about 4 Dominions, 4 or so some other Euro game I can't recall.

I should be getting Mage Knight on Thursday from MM and cant wait to play it. Dare I ask how much you paid for MK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Compton
United States
Boiling Springs
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Around $40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Lowry
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went by the one near me in Murfreesboro, TN, but all the games of interest were gone. I hope to hit the one in Franklin when I return to work on Thursday, hopefully they'll still be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Couch
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
Wargamer777 wrote:
Around $40.

Wow, great price since I paid $55. Gratz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
seanwcouch wrote:
Wargamer777 wrote:

I should be getting Mage Knight on Thursday from MM and cant wait to play it. Dare I ask how much you paid for MK?

I finally played Mage Knight just before the New Year. We played it for HOURS. It's a mixture of amazing, frustrating, incredible, and all-consuming. I found it creeping into my dreams last night.

The rulebook is great for learning the game, but it's really bad when it comes to referencing rules. I'd recommend printing some of the various player aids BEFORE playing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to pick up Ticket to Ride: Europe, Qwirkle, and a couple of games more along the family's speed (a Jeff Foxworthy Redneck game, god help me, along with some trivia-oriented games) in hopes of sneaking a proper game in when they're not paying attention.

I went to 2 different malls (1 in Florence, AL, the other in Huntsville) and was surprised by how much both stores actually had. Granted, I was more of the "Oh, I'll buy that since it's half price" mind and not thinking I was going to find Star Wars X-Wing at half price (check your local Target or any of the 62 threads about this exciting clearance price - not applicable in Alaska thus far).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The only good thing I saw at the Lloyd Center (Portland, OR) this year was a copy of Quirkle, and I already own it.

However, I was out of town from the 26th to the 30th, so it was probably well raided before then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Gifford
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice there retail price was higher than other stores for exsmple Munchkin 26.99 vs 24.99 at other game stores

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlotte NC area info:

The Go store at Northlake Mall, downstairs, is almost out of anything viewed-here-as-good. However, they do have one copy of Risk Legacy in the back left corner, top shelf. I also talked to the cashier, and she said that they just got in 11 more boxes (no games this time) but are expecting another 53 boxes in on Tuesday. So maybe Wednesday there will be some more stuff! Plus, maybe other Go stores across the country that look picked over may get more stuff in as time goes by as well, at least for a little while. It might be worth a repeated visit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto R
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post. Pick up Qwirkle for $12.50 at Boulevard Mall in Amherst, NY. They still had one more copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.