Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all
A stupid question from my first gameplay. How do you use the yellow, red & blue cubes in the game ?

I'm using them as temporary counts in the production phase, off the map. For that purpose, I almost prefer to use poker chips , there is not enough of the yellow ones for both players :-)

I have seen a video (Emanuele?) dropping some cubes into the hexes. So I'm not really sure what was the intended usage of these cubes.

Greetings
Rafael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mark the production point on the production track with 2 cubes of each color, 1 for tens and the other for single digits.
Yellow cubes on the map can be used to visualise conquered cities with production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Rafael,

cubes have been introduced in the game to help new players to quikly learn how the Production System works.

Also managing production through 3 or 4 different front is tremendous.

So far I have seen only 1 player able to do it without cubes, and even if my memory is not that bad, I really use them a lot.

1. Basically I collect them at the beginning of my turn (let's say the Axis) in the 1942 Campaign:

These are the Yellow PP (ONLY) collected by Germany and includes conquests and lining states:

GERMANY 19
poland 3
spain 2
vichy 4
fna 0,67
greece 2
yugo 3
france 3
norway 1
sweden 2
belgium 2
denmark 1
holland 1
hungary 1
turkey 1
SU 11
petsamo 1
switzweland 1

TOTAL 58,67

2. Then the Allies will try to reduce them with the Startegic Warfare (and Politics in the future, trying to deny the Turkish Chrome to the Axis, i.e. )

3. Then I, as the German player, allocate resources to different fronts/needs:

WEST EAST AFRIKA NAVY ITALY research new factory TOTAL
PP 4 36 2 3 2 5 6,6 58,6
OIL 3 12 1 1 1 18
TANK 8 1 9
AIR 12 12
NAVY 3 3

Easier the job for the Soviets, as they have to deal with one front only.

In this pic I have collected cubes and put on the OOB as reference.

They have 29 yellow (manpower), 12 blue (air) and 9 red (tank) and unlimited OIL, plus LEND LEASE incoming from Archangelsk (2 red and 1 blue) Vladivostok (3 red and 2 blu - reported wrongly in this pic) and Persia (1 each).

Lost PP are 3 RED and 5 YELLOW, grouped separately as remainder.

Hope this helps

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both. Wow ! Fractional PPs surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.