Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gunther
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The banners on the cards all have various symbols, some with 3 and some with 4. What are they for, the rules don't mention them at all. Is there a future expansion that uses them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are just for color blind people. The 3 or 4 is just stylistic for how many can "fit" on a given card based on the rest of the iconography.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know officially, but that's the impression we got, and kudos to AEG if so - how many games actually consider the color blind, especially a game as color dependent as this is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG has a long history of printing card games and I do believe they have included this added feature as a consideration of their color blind patrons, which are worth considering as being a statistically relevant sales demographic.

In fact, in individuals with Northern European ancestry, as many as 8% (~1 in 12)of men and 0.5% of women experience the common form of red-green color blindness.

It is a real shame that more publisher's are not as considerate when selecting components or choosing design elements for their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, fact, the banners are for the color blind.

I guess we could have put that in the rulebook, now that you mention it. Let's call it an easter egg for the color blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.