3 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Locked die question from my first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had a monster pop that locked 2 green dice. I defeated the monster on my first roll by fulfilling the task (single skull) killing the monster and unlocking the 2 dice. Question was, do we return those 2 greens to the be rolled on the next task or are they discarded like the one skull I used to complete the task?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ricks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Check page 17 of the rules, "Completing monster tasks." The monster is not defeated until the adventure is resolved. Therefore the two dice are not available until after the adventure as a whole has been completed or failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Well, that is true. But perhaps you might want to add that you don't have to defeat the monster again if you defeated it already but failed the adventure. Instead, you'll have to start over by completing the original tasks on the card as they were before the monster was placed on it, since you remove the monster after defeating it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.